• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running smashes and tilts?

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
So I was looking at the boards, this thread specifically:

http://smashboards.com/threads/edge-pivot-dash.385847/

I was wondering where yoshi was standing out in there, what was his options using this and landed on something really strange and nice I think. While testing it out without using edges I found out that when in yoshis turn around animation which is really long ( he takes like 3 or 4 steps before going back to full throttle) you can actually input anything as if you werent actually running, tilts, smashes, altough his dsmash stucks him in place, I tried using fsmash and god grace fsmash slides! Not only that, reversing it makes it slide in some really wierd ways depending on the timing and it can give a really long slide. I dont know how to show it on video or if this was found out before so I figured Id post this in the yoshi forum and ask fellow yoshi mains.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
So I was looking at the boards, this thread specifically:

http://smashboards.com/threads/edge-pivot-dash.385847/

I was wondering where yoshi was standing out in there, what was his options using this and landed on something really strange and nice I think. While testing it out without using edges I found out that when in yoshis turn around animation which is really long ( he takes like 3 or 4 steps before going back to full throttle) you can actually input anything as if you werent actually running, tilts, smashes, altough his dsmash stucks him in place, I tried using fsmash and god grace fsmash slides! Not only that, reversing it makes it slide in some really wierd ways depending on the timing and it can give a really long slide. I dont know how to show it on video or if this was found out before so I figured Id post this in the yoshi forum and ask fellow yoshi mains.
Cant wait to get home and try this out.

Last edited:

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Vid? I tried using fsmash: when I input it with the c-stick, yoshi just stucks on the ground, sometimes he does a strange animation but then he just stucks...

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
Vid? I tried using fsmash: when I input it with the c-stick, yoshi just stucks on the ground, sometimes he does a strange animation but then he just stucks...
I guess I wasnt very clear on how to do it so basicly you run in a direction input turnaround, if you want to slide with the smash you need to input the smash at the same time or maybe 1 frame after letting go of the joystick during the turnaround, using the c-stick makes it a lot easier for the front sliding smash but using the joystick for the reverse works wonders if you just slam it quick in the other direction, as for tilts i think they all slide a bit regardless of the joystick(not sure on that one) cept for dtilt which just like dsmash stucks you in place.If you actually do the turnaround animation and press shield you can see the full duration of the turnaround and your window of options while "running".

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I had trouble with the timing at first but keep trying. Eventually it becomes easy.

One useful one is a sliding grab. Its like a running grab except less frames of cooldown if you whiff it.

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
I had trouble with the timing at first but keep trying. Eventually it becomes easy.

One useful one is a sliding grab. Its like a running grab except less frames of cooldown if you whiff it.
Grab is indeed one really good option with it. You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you let go of the joystick before inputing your action, jabs,tilts,smashes,b moves and grabs. Grab slides, tilt slides(cept d-tilt), fsmash slides and jabs slides every other move kinda stucks you in place.

Top Bottom