• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Running Glitch

Dr. Phil

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here, and my condolences if I'm posting in the wrong section. My question is how to do the edge running glitch that is performed on the Temple stage. When playing online I saw players such as Marth, C. Falcon and Marion performing this glitch. Instead of falling off of the edge, they kept on dashing on it. Can anybody explain?

Where Zelda is taunting

UberMario

Smash Master
You can do this on any stage, and it's really simple:

Start to dash
Immediately let go of the stick
Lightly hold in the direction you were running straight after

Basically, what happens is you are walking, but the game doesn't switch away from the running animation. When you run you can go straight off edges, while you will automatically stop to do the wobbling animation if you are walking, but, like with the walking animation, the game will keep playing the running animation instead. So in essence you start a dash, and within a split second let i go back to neutral and start walking, tricking the game into loading the wrong thing, which results in the character walking with the running animation.

Don't feel bad if it takes awhile to get the hang of it, it's lot easier in writing than it takes to actually do, I learned over a year ago and I still have trouble doing it more than 60% consistently.

Top Bottom