• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Run through opponent>bair (sorry, another thread...)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Run through opponent>bair
Just as it sounds, just run through your opponent and bair. If the bair connects, it hits them towards you, not away! It's great with yellows because of the extra hitstun.

It's virtually unpunishable unless they attack you as you run at them. (which is great because people know that Olimar loves to grab! They don't attack usually!)

Some applications:
-dthrow>run through opponent>bair>upsmash/dsmash.
-bair>spike!
-bair>grab- to start comboing?
-help with DR?

You guys try it out. Experiment with it, and tell me what you find. If it's old news, then just disregard this post.

P.S.-I know me making threads to "help advance Olimar's metagame" is getting old. Please don't say anything about it. I just want to help. :urg:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
but the thing is that from experimenting quite a while ago with this(thought it was common knowledge) the at that close smart people with spotdodge the attack or sheild it, attack you if in panic or a noob, at really high percents isn't combo able to much extent, and often just a charged up smash or pivot grab or in some cases nair will just work better, its a good mixup in emergencies but thats it from what ive seen, its only really combo able at low percents

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yeah.. I used this a while ago, it's not very useful I've discovered. First, you have to actually pass through them and if you do that without getting hit in any way GJ. Second, it has to be pretty much in the right spot to hit them foward. I always wanted to get a good chain of back airs going but it never went well.

peeup

Smash Lord
Run through opponent>bair
Just as it sounds, just run through your opponent and bair. If the bair connects, it hits them towards you, not away! It's great with yellows because of the extra hitstun.

It's virtually unpunishable unless they attack you as you run at them. (which is great because people know that Olimar loves to grab! They don't attack usually!)

Some applications:
-dthrow>run through opponent>bair>upsmash/dsmash.
-bair>spike!
-bair>grab- to start comboing?
-help with DR?

You guys try it out. Experiment with it, and tell me what you find. If it's old news, then just disregard this post.

P.S.-I know me making threads to "help advance Olimar's metagame" is getting old. Please don't say anything about it. I just want to help. :urg:
In theory, you're helping the metagame alot. In practice, after you dash past them and bair once or twice, the enemy will start to realize that they can roll towards you.

asob4

Smash Champion
i use bair all the time.... i thought this was old
i've always known it hits them towards me (i thought i've said this several times) and it can lead to many things. if at high %'s if i get it i tend to tech chase into a grab and set up for a kill
at low %'s i chain it into up smash > up air > up air > up b

it's a great move and i'm surprised that some people over look it

Snail

Smash Lord
I always do this when I'm trying to edgeguard people but they manage to get 'past me. Jump off, miss a fair/dair, and bair back to the stage while doing your second jump.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Actually, running off stage to instant Bair is a pretty good maneuver that I discovered in a match one day for emergencies, very good if someone has started learning to predict you and you need to throw them off. Reverse Bair is difficult to pull off on an opponent and against many characters is too punishable. Probably the best point to use it would be when edgeguarding, since most people get really airdodgey when they're coming back, I think you could just jump at them and by the time you bring out Rev. Bair they've already dodged.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I like running at the enemy only to be grabbed or hit myself. Yes. Yes I do.

Top Bottom