• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Run Ledge Cancel

Morin0

Smash Lord
I use this all the time. I am not sure if it's common knowledge or not. I thought it was nothing special.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You don't have to crouch, just let go of the control stick and the teetering animation cancels the end-run animation.

And yes this was known.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
i didnt know about this but im gonna pretend like i did so i can be mean to you

lmao everybody knows about this

COMMON KNOWLEDGE, etc

Shears

Smash Master
I didn't know about this. I've seen people crouch at the ledge after dash and just thought it was being fancy or something but it's cool to know that it is actually a tech.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
And yet there is no info about it anywhere, mister common knowledge.

I have been using this for a few years but the other playing with a friend he saw me doing this and asked me what it was, i seeked out for some proper info and couldnt find it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Thanks for that, didnt know about that document. Btw is kinda incorrect since you cant cancel your dash, but your run animation.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Isn't this called "reverse ledge dash"?

I use it constantly to edgehog as Falcon. dash -> reverse ledge dash -> back flip > fast fall -> ledge grab
Looks really sexy too.

It's also a good way to change dash dance positioning or to dash towards the edge turn around and set up for a bair ledge-guard.

The Star King

Smash Hero
use hipstur method and taunt cancel inefficiently at the ledges
PLS I am so offended right now I did it before hipstur even played I thought you knew about my puff taunt cancel dsmash edgeguard vs Samus for instance but I also use it in general all the time how the hell does hipstur get remembered for this but not me also it's not inefficient

Last edited:

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Couldn't find any info on Auto-Canceled Aerials aside from Platform Cancel on that guide, or maybe it goes by a different name in there I don't know. If not, then better update it before someone else assumes there's no info about it anywhere :troll:

Last edited:
Top Bottom