• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Rumor] Possible Rayman Leak? UPDATE: Video Uncovered!

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Oh boy, I wonder if somebody is about to get an infraction for spamming?

Also you must admit, that's one hell of a leak, it even got Nintendo and Ubisoft investigating it, I wonder what their statement will be about now, if they don't cancel it?

TuxedoCreep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2380-4836-6420
The stupid "Can't post a link until you post 10 posts" rule, which I assume is logically to prevent spam accounts, but is still annoying when trying to post the link to the video confirming it being a fake.
And then somebody posted it right after you got done lol

Niala

Smash Ace
To those wondering about the statement from Ubisoft:

Let's say you're working at Ubisoft and somebody shows you leaked footage of Rayman in Smash Bros. "That's odd," you think to yourself, "I don't recall giving Nintendo permission to use him as a playable character."

So you tell the media you'll update them on Tuesday once you've contacted Nintendo to inquire as to what's going on with Rayman. Once that's sorted out, you can inform the public on whether or not Ubisoft is suing Nintendo.

Or the leak is just an INCREDIBLY TIMELY reveal for Rayman DLC. But I prefer to think the former is true.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
Even though the signs seems to point to this being a fake, I still don't discount more DLC characters beyond Mewtwo.

Nintendo has been hitting gold with DLC for other games, and I highly doubt they would just walk away from getting even more money from Smash through DLC.

Mewtwo is not the only popular cut veteran who people want back. Fans also want Wolf, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers back as well, and I'm sure many of them will pony up the money to buy them.

Personally, I would buy Wolf if he was a DLC character.

Also, we might get some first-party newcomers as DLC who did not make the cut in the initial roster.

So, while Rayman may be a fake, let's not discount the possibility of DLC characters being possible. Between the games themselves and the Ambiios, Smash 4 has become something that prints money for Nintendo.

I doubt they will ignore DLC characters, especially since every other fighting game on the market has DLC characters to buy.

I honestly think we will see more DLC characters, even if the Rayman rumor is a fake.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
But...
But what if I say that...

Nintendo/Ubisoft probably told one of their professional render designer to act as a prankster so that he makes everyone think this is fake?

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
But...
But what if I say that...

Nintendo/Ubisoft probably told one of their professional render designer to act as a prankster so that he makes everyone think this is fake?
Stop giving me hope, you amazing person!
Truth be told I can see this being a troll marketing tactic lead by Sakurai, it would be very like him to respond to real leakers with a "false" leak. But if this is the case my mind would be blow to oblivion.

JAK21

Smash Cadet
This has been proven fake. The person who designed this "leak" has posted this video as to how he made it.

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
I want to scream "Don't believe everything you see on the internet!" I have to say though that guy is a really great artist. It really made no sense in the first place with the unfriendly attitude Ubisoft had with Nintendo in the first place.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i'm happy i didn't believe this ****. To me there were too many things for not believing this was real.

It's easy to get a pic from rayman from the trophy section. These days, many people can work with after effects, photoshop and other tools to create whatever the hell they want.

If there's a leak, it's always a small tiny minimal thing you get to see. You'll never see it in action. You see a costumised menu. This guy made it animated to make it more real. So here's a video, now it is proof. (LOL!)

the fact that the video is removed to make it look like "oh it had to be removed so it must've been true then" also determines the simple way to make you believe the "leak". So easy to fool people this way.

Top Bottom