• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rumble in the Jungle II - November 17th, 2013 - Storrs, CT

Fireblaster

Smash Lord

Facebook page

A melee and ssb64 tournament hosted at the University of Connecticut by the Uconn Smash group

Melee Ruleset

SSB64 Ruleset

Northwest Gaming Room (Batterson Hall)
110 N. Eagleville Road, Storrs CT 06269
Google Maps

Time and Schedule:

November 17th, 2013
Venue opens at 1 PM and the tournament begins at 1:30 PM. Melee Doubles, then Melee singles, then SSB64 Singles.

Results + Videos

Video Playlist

Melee Doubles: TioPro Bracket
Videos:

1. Rass / Fireblaster
2. Drewpag / Alacrity
3. KLit / Chris
5. Donkeyfister / Sozen
5. Damsels in Distress
7. Nick / Brian
7. Car9 / Umad

Melee singles: Challonge Bracket
Videos:

1. KLit
2. Fireblaster
3. Zenox
4. DaRin
5. DrewPag
5. Alacrity
7. Sozen
7. Jon “Crunch master”
9. Rass
9. Donkeyfister
9. D.o.g.m.a.
9. Mono
13. ScubaSteve
13. Umad
13. Noob
13. Wolf
13. Turnip
18. Matt
18. Nick
18. Tyler
18. Car9

18. Brian

64 Singles: Challonge Bracket
Videos:

1. Fireblaster
2. Jon
3. DaRin
4. Tyler
5. Joe “Bum”
5. KLit
7. Noob
7. Sozen
9. Rass

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
First post is updated with results!

The entire tournament was a really fun experience and would gladly do it again. Unfortunately some people couldn't enter 64 at the end because they had to leave after melee singles and doubles took a while due to not enough chairs and setups. We're looking forward to having more entrants and setups at the next event. Shout-outs to Sozen and Rass for running the whole thing and everyone else who showed up to play.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
how did the interest go? i mean did the 64 entrants see how the game was being played and inquire more about it? did you shamelessly promote smashboards and your hitbox thread? or tell anyone about kaillera?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
how did the interest go? i mean did the 64 entrants see how the game was being played and inquire more about it? did you shamelessly promote smashboards and your hitbox thread? or tell anyone about kaillera?

It seems quite a few people there already lurked these boards and some already knew about kaillera/online play. Jon apparently had played a bit of online before under the tag JesusV2 (if i remembered that right?). I kinda wasn't surprised about that seeing as he did pretty well (certainly knew how to use the rat :cool: ). However everyone enjoyed the game and wants it to be hosted again. It would be great if guys like karajan, smokey, sean/yunque/grubster went to this at the next event.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
UPDATED FIRST POST WITH VIDEOS

Ross needs to get his **** together :b. Smash 64 next time, we need to be faster, it ran super long, I hope we get more set ups next time.

Yeah, it kinda sucked that I knew of at least 3 people that would have come just for 64 but stuff came up at the last second for all of them so they couldn't show. Some of them even had setups they would have brought.

Rass

Smash Rookie
Hey man I copied what I saw on the pool lists. Don't wanna hear this sass. Anyways had a great time we should have another one soon.

Litt

Samus
Well guys... lets be honest... with Melee Grand Finals of Samus x Puff... its not going to be a short set... especially if there is a bracket reset... imagine if that Grand Finals went both sets both to 5 games each...

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Well guys... lets be honest... with Melee Grand Finals of Samus x Puff... its not going to be a short set... especially if there is a bracket reset... imagine if that Grand Finals went both sets both to 5 games each...

Yeah once a tournament gets down to its winner, loser, and grand finals, it's going to take a while no matter what. Better scheduling of the matches can also help with this, like starting matches from the loser's bracket earlier instead of just blowing through the winner's bracket only and then going through loser's. This way both brackets will reach and finish loser's semis and winner's finals at the same time, and therefore have zero delay in starting loser's finals and subsequently grand finals.

Sozen the Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Guys, don't sass rass. Rass, I still want that money match for worst in n64! Also about the problems with time and the system, I'll work on some better ideas. It's only my third tourney that I TO'd so it's going to take me a few more to get out the kinks. We will have more set-ups next time. We will have more entrants for 64, (hopefully, Javi, this is all you) and we will do crews. Eventually we'll get this down to a shorter time. I also hope to have two tv's per pool next time, so that will help too

Top Bottom