• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's sheath?

conyete

Smash Rookie
So this question has plagued me ever since roy debuted in Smash Melee. The question is, why does Roy's sheath not appear in gameplay? It only shows in smash 4 and melee in concept art, charcter portraits, and trophies. If anyone has an answer as to why it doesn't appear, please tell me.

I mean like seriously, what were the devs thinking?​

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I'm pretty sure it's a running joke amongst the developers. Every FE character is like this.

TrikeMan115

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trikeman115
The modles in smash titles are really strange. They have a strange way of moving and animating them, so there was probably clipping issues, unnatural movements, and unneeded troubleshooting for a simple scabbard. Probably just wasn't worth their time, especially considering they're always holding the blade

Top Bottom