• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's our boy! But I need another character.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
As I Mario main, I enjoy playing Roy as a sort of pocket main. Personally they seem to feel similar in terms of mobility. They have similar wavedash timing and air mobility, but that could just be me lol. Regardless though, I like playing both of them :)

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
I'm not sure if there's some sort of outdated reply limit as some other forums have (like dont reply to posts 2-3 months old etc), but I just joined and wanted to share my input.
Yes I'm certain he can, but you basically have to perfectly predict his DI, In training mode where there's no DI (I think) wolf will always fall behind you, so you must tap the opposite direction WITHOUT dashing and regrab, or if the wolf DIs away you have to input a dash grab to catch him. I'm basically sure that the human reaction speed isn't THAT fast because I find it actually really hard to tell if the wolf's gonna land infront (without DIing away) or behind the Roy character until he's started to fall, which by then you're too late to input for a grab and he'd just tech away.

However, against no DI (I think, haven't tried on a human player) or Bots (from experience this basically works all the time), upthrow => turnaround grab => upthrow => turnaround grab until about 20%, then upthrow => up tilt (which will nearly literally swing wolf back to the front) and regrab, but seems to only work once. Then probably just Upsmash/shorthop backair. Idk
A little late. I traded in my Roy hat for Toon Link. :p

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I guess Marth could work of course, maybe try Lucas if you love having a fast character that isn't fox or falco. Some people switch to Ike or captain falcon when they've played with Roy. I heard Mario was also a good transition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom