• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Lunge Grab?

und3r_Score

Smash Rookie
Generally speaking, I don't see much Smash discussion about the lunge grab. I recently began adding the lunge grab to my Sheik repertoire and wondered if the same concept would also make a significant difference for Roy. Roy's dash grab already has a bit of a wide range, so it's not very easy for me to tell if attempting the lunge grab with Roy makes a significant difference, but it really does seem that I am able to grab characters at a slightly greater range than normal with his lunge grab. Does anyone have any data or experience to refute/back this up? I'd just like to be sure I'm not deceiving myself.

(For anyone who doesn't know, a lunge grab is a dash attack cancelled into a grab. Perhaps it more commonly goes by another name? I just heard the term on a stream once and looked it up.)

Saos

Smash Rookie
So i am having a problem getting grabs off. I cant position myself right to just get a grab, I only get grabs out of shield any suggestions?

Shoto

Smash Apprentice
So i am having a problem getting grabs off. I cant position myself right to just get a grab, I only get grabs out of shield any suggestions?
Don't only go for grabs. Only grab if you are 80% sure you can get it. A whiffed grab every now and then, and the punish that follows afterward keeps you nice 'n young. Shield grabs are okay but don't make it a habit, because people will read you pretty easily. Jump canceled grabs are nice though (: Go test stuff out in training!

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
^ yup just JC grab. i think the boost grab does add some range, but its slower in all regards, and youll get the same range out of a JC grab. dash grabs are good if you are fighting someone with a disjoint, and need the extra range coverage to get through the disjoint and not neccesarily the range of the slide from the JC grab.

Top Bottom