• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy's Fsmash outranges Marth's

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
God damn it Marth....

YOUR MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A DAMN FOOL

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
That hit is useless. Roy's fsmash also does not hit the ledge or above him. Shieldbreaker still outranges him.

People are just overreacting. I do agree that Marth's fsmash should be longer range, but it is not actually a big deal at all outside of principle.

Dopliphin

Smash Rookie
So... is there anyway we can get marth buffed somehow or is this character getting more and more hopeless?

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
So... is there anyway we can get marth buffed somehow or is this character getting more and more hopeless?
We just got some awesome buffs, still holding out for better fair and/or dair and he'll shoot up to high/ top tier.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
But if Roy hits with that part of the sword he basically lost out on a lot of potential that f-smash had.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
He also leans noticeably more forward....
That's what Marth needs, small steps on his attacks like in brawl. Actually, he could use a lot from that game...

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, Marth used to lean a lot more forward. But it's honestly not that much concern to me (I guess I didn't express my tone that well there, haha)
More range is good and all, but for Marth it has always been about his disjoints. He's been outranged by good characters that he beats for two games now. When Marth has the combination of huge range and amazing disjoint, you get something that nullifies most of the cast.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Maybe I should have clarified, I only want this for dtilt because it would make it much better. That and turnaround dtilts are something I miss.

And maybe fsmash as well, the dash cancelled one only adds the slightest bit... I constantly get phantom hits when using the dash fsmash. (I forgot the name of the tech). But then again, fsmash can stay the same and I'll not care.

Last edited:
Top Bottom