• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy vs Spammers

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I'm having alot of trouble with these types of matchups. Falco, Link Spamus anything of that nature, what would you suggest I do to fight the spam?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Simple. You can't fight the spam. Just go up close and keep there. as an approach try SHFFLed nairs and DED. crouching helps, and CCing some Dtilts never hurts.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
For missles/boomerangs, you can fair/DED to knock them away. Link's bombs can be caught with practice (although I thionk if you tip them with a fair they won't explode on you? Could be wrong, I don't fight links very often, heh).

Falcos lasers are much harder. You can either dodge by full hopping alot, or learn to powershield.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
To expand on what Sethlon said, powershielding Falco's lazers is much easier then it sounds. try it in practice mode slower. and against noob Falco's, you can crouch and dodge there lazers.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
sethlon beat me with samusus missles and peach and links bombs and turnips. but you can counter the full charged shot. theres nothing u can do for shiek's senbon. you MIGHT be able to dodge falcos lasers by crouching and wavedashing simultaniously.

please try not to take my thread name concept next time.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
also marth can dash under falcos higher lasers so id presume roy could too?
im not actually sure
ahh please dont hurt me for comparing the two :dizzy:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Use platform wavelands to dodge the incoming projectiles and close in.

If you're on FD, I'd recommend you just neutral A swipe away weaker projectiles, like Samus's missiles or Link's boomerang.

Falco is the hardest to deal with. You basically let him approach you, and then grab him. Knock him down. Whatever it takes to halt the barrage momentarily and to put some stuff together.

If he just stands back and whores his gun, slowly but steadily close in on him with a combination of walk > shield, running > shield, and then jump/wavedash out of shield as needed. Once you get close enough, all you need is a dtilt and you're set for the moment.

Top Bottom