• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Tech - Pivot Sliding

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Last night I was screwing around on For Glory when I noticed that Roy did a strange slide when I tried to downsmash my opponent. After some investigation, this was the result; Pivot Sliding.

At the very least this seems like it could be used as a flashy mixup to approach an opponent. Thoughts?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
It looks like it has the same speed as a foxtrot but with more options. It seems useful, and it might even be a really good tech.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
The aerial options would be good in Brawl where we'd be punished for dashing, but other than that, it only seems good for Dsmash and Flare Blade. Are you certain this can't be done for, say, Marth? He could get mileage out of this due to his high walking speed.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The aerial options would be good in Brawl where we'd be punished for dashing, but other than that, it only seems good for Dsmash and Flare Blade. Are you certain this can't be done for, say, Marth? He could get mileage out of this due to his high walking speed.
This might work on the entire cast. I will look into that.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
so... it's literally walking?

lol
It's not walking. The slide is faster than walking and because of the drift it gives you lets you start up your move before you are even in range of the opponent, making it that much more difficult to react to.

This only works with Roy, strangely enough.

Kealmir

Smash Cadet
Wow that's so funny, i just noticed this last night after using Neutral b as well. Is this something that changed in a recent patch?

Also i think it's exclusive to characters with dashes that have a lot of start up frames cause I can't do the same with Lucina or Marth. If i had to guess what other cast could do it, Falcon is very likely as his dash is very similar to Roy's.

Top Bottom