• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Tech: CrouchSliding

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Part credit to EnGarde EnGarde !
So while i was playing i found this tech :
It can be used for moving forward faster than walking while still keeping walking options (shielding, etc), Doing dtilts, keeping low possibly dodging aerials. It's pretty similar to pivot sliding.
It has a certain rhythm to it, the inputs are kinda similar to Ryu's input hadouken.
I'll be updating the video description when finding more options!

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Seems like you can get approximately 4+ planks on Pirate Ship Omega in distance covered on an optimal crouch slide, moving at the speed of an initial dash, while crouched, while retaining all walking options (including shield).

Last edited:

amen

Smash Rookie
This is an interesting find. I'm having trouble consistently doing an optimal crouch slide, which is making testing for other characters difficult. Though this does remind me of how Roy's walk during it's first couple of frames seems to move fast for a walk.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
So far as we can tell at this point, the way this seems to work is by using crouch to cancel Roy's walking animation at the right frame, which allows you to retain the momentum when otherwise you wouldn't. So yeah, it really depends on timing lol, and we suspect no/few other characters get as much benefit out of it as Roy. This is related to another tech, pivot sliding, which does something similar, only using turnaround.

Kernelcapi

Smash Rookie
This is very interesting. wondering if you could give a controller cam just to see what you are doing. having trouble performing it. otherwise great find!

TheClamFace

Smash Rookie
NNID
someperson
It can be used for moving forward faster than walking
Okay, I didn't actually realize this. I noticed the crouch-slide when I was messing around but didn't think anything of it, it's good to know about this.

On the other hand, what is it with Roy and having really weird movement compared to other characters? First there's the turnaround walk-slide thing (because he rushes his walk when turning around, and letting go keeps the momentum a little) and now there's this, too...

Last edited:

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the late reply, but i might redo it very soon with a controller cam when i get my capture card. otherwise, if you crouch and slightly move into the corner of the analog stick to the way you want to be moving and back, then it requires a bit of a rhythm.
Also yeah, Roy seems to have some weird animations that just boost him forward! it's pretty weird but maybe useable in more ways than this!

Top Bottom