• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy is too damn strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkReaperK97

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkReaperK97
3DS FC
3926-8095-2990
So I'm playing smash 4 for like a short while now and I seem to win at most matches, But everytime someone picks Roy. I get owned very quickly. at 60% even. Roy side slaps ya and sents off flying. What else? Roy's up B if used correctly will also cause hell. Roy in general needs a big nerf imo. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Blazerator

Smash Cadet
NNID
josh2499
He has poor range and vertical recovery. Spacing is your friend.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
If you space properly, it won't matter how hard he hits because he won't be in range to land them. Plus, while he scores KOs very early, his weight and fall speed make him combo food, so once you do hit him, you are also able to rack up damage against him if you know which of you character's moves combo into each other.

You also need to realize that Roy hits much harder at the base of his sword than at the tip. If you try to rush in at him then it is going to be much easier for him to hit you with his strongest attacks.

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
I tend to beat Roys. Something about his weight and speed allow me to combo him relatively easy with characters like Ness and Mr. G&W. He's one of those characters I look forward to playing.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Lol roy might have speed and power but he has no combos. Like everyone said spacing is your friend, use megaman or duck hunt.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Or try playing against Rosalina & Luma to see what a "too damn strong" character is.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
It's probably due to the kind of players Roy attracts. Roy is not hard to use in the slightest, it's all about hyper aggression which is by far the easiest play style to use. Not need to space, just get in someone's face and let the sweetspot do the work. He's like any popular For Glory character, they're not too strong, it's just they tend to be used by people who have bad playstyles.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Roy is freer than a hot Christmas meal at a homeless shelter. Like everyone else already said, space him out and have patience.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Roys like Falcon with a sword. Great mix ups, rushdown, speed and power.

gets combo'd for days and has a ****ty recovery.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We really don't allow complaint threads like this. If you need help, go to the respective character boards, find their match up threads, and ask for some advice on how to handle Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom