• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy F-Smash Jab Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Interesting, I wonder if it true combos... I will have to test it out.

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339
Interesting, I wonder if it true combos... I will have to test it out.
If you are talking about f-throw to jab lock f-smash, it won't true combo, because from my experience, training mode won't say true combo if you could have teched. Assuming you were planning on using training mode.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

If you are talking about f-throw to jab lock f-smash, it won't true combo, because from my experience, training mode won't say true combo if you could have teched. Assuming you were planning on using training mode.
and it was done in training mode with the counter right there... woops.

Sonicninja115

looking at the video, it seems that it doesn't work. It looks like there is to much Lag on the Fsmash to combo into anything.

~Daniee

Smash Rookie
NNID
YarsNinjaLink
3DS FC
2252-6622-6339
looking at the video, it seems that it doesn't work. It looks like there is to much Lag on the Fsmash to combo into anything.
Dang, I really wanted a Jab Lock that is easier to do than RAR Bair out of F-throw.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Yeah we've known of it since day 1. Fsmash sour locks at very low percents. This is more useful in application after a fair or bair on a platform that pratfalls your opponent though. Generally, bair is a better option for locking though, and honestly it IS easier to land then sour fsmash.. For example, fthrow into failed tech into bair sour to lock, then you can hit with a semi charged fsmash. See here from one of my own videos.

This doesn't have to start from a throw either, just from any untechable situation.

For the record, that guy is wrong, you can "combo" after a fsmash lock, but only quick stuff like a dash grab etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom