• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Down Throw to Foot Stool(New Down Throw Option)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
This is Roy's Foot Stool out of Down Throw(0%-81% is the safe zone) Now the example above is a poor example of its actually potential. In order to reach its full potential you must know about Double Edged Swords Dance Momentum canceling or just DED Canceling for short and Roy's Jab lock. DED Canceling basically is using The DED to cancel upward momentum created by the footstool. Now Roy's jab lock is important because you can fast fall Sour spot bair after DED Canceling and lock your opponent in reset allowing you to get an F Smash or really anything. Now the most powerful true combo so far is Down Throw → FootStool → Up Air → Bair(can be replaced by Fair but does 1% less) → Fair or you can just Bair reset F Smash. I really hope this helps you guys.

Also side note: I came up with this after seeing Ryo(an ike main) do a similar setup with ike which used Dair to lock so shout out to him.

Last edited:

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
Interesting, I'll have to check it out

Last edited:

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but whenever I try this Roy is always to close to the ground for me to perform an aerial...maybe I'm doing this DED cancelling thing wrong? Is there a vid of this anywhere?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but whenever I try this Roy is always to close to the ground for me to perform an aerial...maybe I'm doing this DED cancelling thing wrong? Is there a vid of this anywhere?
Not really, I just discovered this a couple days back. The safest combo is just fast fall Bair reset into F Smash. Try a mixture of DED Canceling and just normal Fast falling depending on the percentage. Now this stuff isn't easy by any means and characters with fast Nairs can usually stop it(in this case just choose another Down Throw Option or do Down Throw to Up Air to condition them to airdodge making it easier)

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Not trying to shameless plug, but isn't this what I posted a couple days ago without DED Cancel? I still made the bair lock at low percents and have made it back to the ground fast enough to the ground to punish a roll with a smash. What exactly does DED cancel Help with in this situation?

http://smashboards.com/threads/roy-footstool-mix-ups-true-combos.419169/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom