• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
just pissed my pants
Well if it isn't so obvious. :p

Chrom is not that likely, unlike what some people think.

If Sakurai is, indeed, prioritizing unique movesets, Chrom won't be as likely as the Avatar/Robin from Awakening.
Actually I've been on the uniqueness train for a long time ever since the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer uniqueness article came out.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
ok got a new one
which would you prefer in Smash 4
Banjo or Bomberman
I'd love to see either one in the game, but if I have to pick one, I'll go with the character in my avatar. Banjo for SSB4!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Around December 1st I made a shoo-in list (didn't post here). Basically, what I consider obvious newcomers/ whatever Mewtwo is... It was:
#1 Mewtwo
#2 Rosalina
#3 Chrom
#4 Dixie Kong
#5 Palutena
Thoughts?
All of those characters are on my roster input, though Chrom is pretty much dead last when compared to the others.

Edit: So much for trying to get post #80000.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
so if Ashley is a assist trophy dose that mean wario is semi confirmed I hop so because he was fun to play as competively and with freinds

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
"What's going on here?" was the perfect thing to say for the first post of a 2000th page.

This thread is so crazy, I thought it was fitting, I did it on purpose.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unless he talks to Intelligent Systems again...
Intelligent Systems is not like Game Freak where they choose the characters they want to be on Smash.

Sakurai only asked IntSys during Brawl's development for a suggestion. IntSys suggested Ike and Sakurai thought of him as a good idea. It was not because IntSys only authorized Ike's inclusion, because they are a Nintendo studio like Nintendo EAD and others. They are a first party company.

Actually I've been on the uniqueness train for a long time ever since the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer uniqueness article.
Rosalina's inclusion only reinforces that notion.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
so if Ashley is a assist trophy dose that mean wario is semi confirmed I hop so because he was fun to play as competively and with freinds
Wario is definitely in. Not that there was much doubt, anyway.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
:wario:so if Ashley is a assist trophy dose that mean wario is semi confirmed I hop so because he was fun to play as competively and with freinds

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually I've been on the uniqueness train for a long time ever since the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer uniqueness article came out.
Now, if only more characters are given very unique elements. Rosalina has the Luma by her side, so that's one example. Another example could be Bowser Jr. and his magic brush, where he could use the brush to leave behind damaging graffiti on his opponents.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
so we went to year 2000
Not much changed but we live underwater
And your great great great grandaughter
is

WAIT WRONG MILLENIUM
I don't know what's worse, the fact a Jonas Brothers song reference was made or that I actually got that reference.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Now, if only more characters are given very unique elements. Rosalina has the Luma by her side, so that's one example. Another example could be Bowser Jr. and his magic brush, where he could use the brush to leave behind damaging graffiti on his opponents.
Makes me wonder how Takamaru could be really unique as a retro. :/ It's just a sword plus shuriken and fireballs. :/
I just prefer Sable's transformation gimmick or Muddy's digging mechanic if we had a retro.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If you had to pick a character that should be WAY more obvious than he/she actually is, who would it be?

Mine:
upload_2014-1-15_7-51-31.jpeg

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Question: Are popo and nana bro and sis? Or lovers? I never really knew.
I don't think it was ever stated that the two are related. But I'm not up on my "Ice Climbers lore."

Though based on some of the fanart I've seen of them, I REALLY hope they aren't siblings.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I'm curious... it seems like a lot of people here tend to have the same opinions on most characters... what do you guys think of Cranky Kong?
Please don't suggest or start a topic about a character that isn't popularly predicted on this website. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom