• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosaluma

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I love Rosaluma alot. But there is a problem, I can't play her competitively well because I do not know how to do the combos I see so many people do.

Could somebody help me? Some little tips and tricks would be appretiated also.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't use that fan term at all, but just know that the Luma's placement is key when trying to perform certain attack combinations.

I might not know all the combo options with the Luma, but I do recall that utilizing the d-smash is one way to pull off a combo, if the target is between you and the Luma.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I don't use that fan term at all, but just know that the Luma's placement is key when trying to perform certain attack combinations.

I might not know all the combo options with the Luma, but I do recall that utilizing the d-smash is one way to pull off a combo, if the target is between you and the Luma.
I didn't know it was a fan term. I thought of it one day and just stuck with it. But

lol

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
From what I know, Rosalina doesn't have many, if any TRUE combos. While that's depressing at first, it also makes you realize that everything you see in tournament by Forte or Dabuz is improv combos. It's based on pure skill, not mechanics.

Rosalina is an open palate.

But next time, before opening up a new thread, read around the board for a bit. There are lots of great players here chocked full of knowledge. We love discussion things, but because each of us knows so much, it's a bit complex when you say "Can someone help me with everything."

I can almost guarantee that all of your questions can be found somewhere on this board
Start with the pinned posts, the ones at the very top of the board. That should give you most of the basics. While much of it may be review for you, it's a great place to pick up terms you may not have heard us use, and to get to know some of the people around here-- as well as catch a few tidbits you may not have figured out.
If something seems confusing or you can't quite do it, that's when you ask. But ask it on that thread. Having your own thread is more of where everyone can gather around to share information. We'd like to keep the board as clean as possible so new people like you, or people who haven't joined yet can find information as quickly as possible =]

If you have any more questions, please PM one of us, we're all friendly people and would love to guide you =D

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
From what I know, Rosalina doesn't have many, if any TRUE combos. While that's depressing at first, it also makes you realize that everything you see in tournament by Forte or Dabuz is improv combos. It's based on pure skill, not mechanics.

Rosalina is an open palate.

But next time, before opening up a new thread, read around the board for a bit. There are lots of great players here chocked full of knowledge. We love discussion things, but because each of us knows so much, it's a bit complex when you say "Can someone help me with everything."

I can almost guarantee that all of your questions can be found somewhere on this board
Start with the pinned posts, the ones at the very top of the board. That should give you most of the basics. While much of it may be review for you, it's a great place to pick up terms you may not have heard us use, and to get to know some of the people around here-- as well as catch a few tidbits you may not have figured out.
If something seems confusing or you can't quite do it, that's when you ask. But ask it on that thread. Having your own thread is more of where everyone can gather around to share information. We'd like to keep the board as clean as possible so new people like you, or people who haven't joined yet can find information as quickly as possible =]

If you have any more questions, please PM one of us, we're all friendly people and would love to guide you =D
I'm sorry, I'm new to the thread thing, this is the first time I have done something like this . I'll be sure to do that next time.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
This might have been redirected to other threads but i figured i'd drop a few things here. Her grab game at low % is really good. She can combo off all of her grabs.

uthrow > utilt or even usmash / jab on heavy characters.

dthrow > uair (leads into uair juggles. also the one you will see most commonly used)

bthrow > fair (bnb for getting stage control \ setting up an edgeguard opportunity)

fthrow > (luma)nair / dash attack (combo i have found good success with that I have not seen many other rosalina players use. luma gives good knockback to push the opponent off stage which leads up perfectly for a run off dair.)

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I'm new to the thread thing, this is the first time I have done something like this . I'll be sure to do that next time.
Don't apologize! I'm not trying to make you wrong at all! I'm trying to inform you of all the resources at your disposal

Welcome to the Rosalina board =]

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
You don't need to know any "fancy" combos that have them separated, mostly because when they are together the character can truly shine. Basically view Rosalina as your hurtbox and your main goal is to protect that hurtbox. Since all her moves are disjointed (upsmash being the least) you protect the hurtbox with these great hitboxs that form basically a shell. Then think about Luma, basically she adds another layer to that shell. Besides the extra defensive aid, Luma is also your main source for kill options so if he is dead you lose that extra layer as well as efficient ways to kill.

Pretty separated combos may look nice on paper and in theory but they aren't the most practical or efficient way to play the character.

Hope this helped in some way!

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
You don't need to know any "fancy" combos that have them separated, mostly because when they are together the character can truly shine. Basically view Rosalina as your hurtbox and your main goal is to protect that hurtbox. Since all her moves are disjointed (upsmash being the least) you protect the hurtbox with these great hitboxs that form basically a shell. Then think about Luma, basically she adds another layer to that shell. Besides the extra defensive aid, Luma is also your main source for kill options so if he is dead you lose that extra layer as well as efficient ways to kill.

Pretty separated combos may look nice on paper and in theory but they aren't the most practical or efficient way to play the character.

Hope this helped in some way!
Very well put! The only thing I would add is that sending Luma out can very the way you play which makes it difficult for opponents to adapt to your play style. I personally only do it against certain characters and only about 20-25% of each game. Usually I am separated from Luma for only about 20 seconds at a time, unless it is really successful against them.

You'll find that you can continue "combos" at times when the opponents would regain control and you can cover more stage / their recovery options.

While it isn't her best way to play, knowing how to play this way can give good mix ups. Definitely worth learning.

Sparklysparkles

Smash Rookie
Um sometimes I can pull of combos. Something I like to do is make luma up smash the enemy and when they're in the air I run in and use my f air.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Very well put! The only thing I would add is that sending Luma out can very the way you play which makes it difficult for opponents to adapt to your play style. I personally only do it against certain characters and only about 20-25% of each game. Usually I am separated from Luma for only about 20 seconds at a time, unless it is really successful against them.

You'll find that you can continue "combos" at times when the opponents would regain control and you can cover more stage / their recovery options.

While it isn't her best way to play, knowing how to play this way can give good mix ups. Definitely worth learning.
Everything about the character is worth learning! Learning to use all different play styles to your advantage is how to improve! :D

Top Bottom