• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's Attributes

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I know that this is the 3rd thread I have made for Rosalina, but quite frankly, the character really interests me.
Needless to say there is more to come.

In Mario Kart Wii, Rosalina was a heavyweight. In Super Mario 3D World, her jump was the best in the game (along with Luigi) and her speed was the worst (along with Peach). Do you think any of these attributes will be translated to Smash? Keep in mind her movement in the trailer, and if that reflects any of the mentioned characteristics.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I can see her being medium-heavy weight. Her running speed will probably be slow, but I could imagine her jumps being pretty good. She might have something kind of similar to float since she's like the queen of space or whatever. This is going off the three seconds I saw of the trailer haha

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some attributes that I could probably bring up would be...

Physical Offense: 3/10; Lumas have variable physical strength
Magic Offense: 8/10
Walking Speed: Equal to Brawl Samus.
Running Speed: Equal to Brawl Mr. Game & Watch.
Weight: Equal to Brawl Lucario.

Rosalina would be very reliant on her magic attacks if she doesn't have a Luma present. Also, the Lumas would make up for Rosalina's weak physical attack power, as the Luma's color can play a factor on its overall power.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Some attributes that I could probably bring up would be...

Physical Offense: 3/10; Lumas have variable physical strength
Magic Cosmic Offense: 8/10
Walking Speed: Equal to Brawl Samus.
Running Speed: Equal to Brawl Mr. Game & Watch.
Weight: Equal to Brawl Lucario.

Rosalina would be very reliant on her magic cosmic attacks if she doesn't have a Luma present. Also, the Lumas would make up for Rosalina's weak physical attack power, as the Luma's color can play a factor on its overall power.
fixed

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I expect her to be a medium speed, more-on-the-heavy-side in terms of weight (I think that's just MK Wii talking.) with a slower falling speed. (Why would galactic space mama be a fast-faller?)

Walking speed. I don't know. Why does it matter?

As for power, I think she'll be about 5/10, with the Luma making up for the rest. Her attacks seemed to have a decent amount of power, at least.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
She seem relatively slow. Which is fine because I don't mind slower characters. (I think shes going to be in the middle in terms of speed)

And I hope she is heavy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about attack speed? Not fox or kirby speed, but not slow either?
If the upward and downward aerials mean anything, Rosalina's attack speed might be very manageable for most of her attacks. And her grab attempts seem to be quite fast as well.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
How dare you call rosalina heavyweight she ain't fat.... Ug lets face it those starbit cakes did a number on her...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How dare you call rosalina heavyweight she ain't fat.... Ug lets face it those starbit cakes did a number on her...
You've seen how tall Waluigi is, right? Despite his size, he's actually a middleweight character. Rosalina's situation is not too different from Waluigi's.

Though I do wonder how tall Rosalina is when she's compared to Samus.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
in todays pic of the day, sakurai states that she is tall, and her anti gravity effect makes her floaty.
this might hinder her seriously.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
its crazy that i get the pic of the day an hour and a half before the day is supposed to start.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Haha, that's funny. Will there be another pic in a few hours too?
I guess all characters need some weakness. We'll see how heavy Rosalina is though.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Rosalina will have super ******** range and a Dair MS that's probably gonna kill at like 10% offstage.
She IS Olimar 2 except even more stupidly good.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
I can see Rosalina being midweight. I see no reason for someone the way she appears to be to be heavy in any way. I don't know about Mario Kart Wii, but supposedly she is close to Bowser's weight class, which I personally think is ridiculous. It only makes sense that she'd weigh something heavier than Peach, but still be considered a lighter, or mid/lightweight character.

She looks like she could be a overly broken character due to her range, but her weight, height, and presumably, speed, are going to be her kryptonite.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Plus she has a luma to tank hits for her. And decent projectile protection with that d special, so she seems pretty defensive.

I like the Devil fruit moonlapse

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Plus she has a luma to tank hits for her. And decent projectile protection with that d special, so she seems pretty defensive.

I like the Devil fruit moonlapse
Forgot all about that. She can basically use it as a shield on some Kankuro (from Naruto) level crap. lol

Also, thanks. You're probably the first person to comment on my picture despite other OP fans throughout the forum.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I wonder how she gets the Lumas? Waves her wand and summons them from air? Also what would be REALLY cool is if she moved at the speed of light - blindingly fast attacks and infinite mass, meaning she can strike fast and also never dies from being launched.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Haha, I know what you mean. I thought it was just a fruit until I saw the 666. OP fans are nakama though :chuckle:

OT: Perhaps the floatiness can be useful in combos?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
according to Sakurai on Miiverse, she's very light. dashing my dreams for a heavy female character archetype. Palutena, if you make it in the game, please don't let me down.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And so Sakurai throws a loophole into our attribute thoughts. But it might be possible that she'll still be one of the heavier lightweights, since I don't expect Mega Mewtwo Y to outweigh her by any means.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so on the lightness scale.
jigglypuff being the lightest lightweight and
mr. game & watch (or some other lightweight character as i do know know the specific weights)

shall we rate her as being perhaps mid to high level light wieght or equal to jigglypuff?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd be more pleased if Rosalina was ranked the heaviest of all the lightweight fighters. She does outsize just about every Brawl lightweight after all.

Edit: I did do a bit of a game with the weight system earlier. The following may give others an idea on what I'm talking about...

I've decided to do a little game with the weight mechanics, and my roster input. This is just speculation on my part...

Weight Value: Character(s)

Super Heavyweights
124: King K. Rool
120: Bowser
116: Donkey Kong

Heavyweights
112: King Dedede
110: Charizard
109: Samus
108: Ganondorf
106: Wario, R.O.B.
104: Link, Captain Falcon
102: Wolf, Mewtwo
101: Palutena
100: Lucario, Ivysaur

Middleweights
99: Mario, Yoshi, Luigi, Sonic
98: Ness, Mega Man
97: Little Mac
96: Pit, Ridley
95: Takamaru, Chrom

Lightweights
94: Rosalina
93: Bowser Jr.
92: Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong
91: Ice Climbers, Toon Link, Villager
90: Peach, Marth
88: Mega Mewtwo Y
87: Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer
85: Falco
83: Zero Suit Samus
81: Fox

Super Lightweights
79: Meta Knight
77: Pikachu, Olimar
75: Kirby
72: Squirtle, Mr. Game & Watch
60: Jigglypuff

Part of this has to do with Rosalina's confirmation as a lightweight character.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Haha, we ninja posted each other. Someone's sources are wrong though, because our numbers don't match up.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
for ridley being rediculously big, why is he only a middle weight?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Ridley should be closer to mewtwo's weight. Maybe a few more should be adjusted, but overall this list is looking pretty accurate. It is just speculation afterall.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so a dragon probably bigger than bowser, is lighter than lucario?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Seeing her in the trailer, I can see that Rosalina moves faster than she did in 3D World. Then again, she seems to fly in the air like Mewtwo instead of running like in that game.

Top Bottom