• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina's 1.0.4 Patch Change Impressions

Steam

Smash Hero
Luma shot into jabs are... a really good spacing tool now. If the opponent shields the Luma shot, you just jab away. And rosalina's jabs cover rolls quite nicely with the shortened Luma shot range. If they jumped over Luma shot towards you, the decreased cooldown and increased Luma recall speed help in recovering back to neutral.

Nearly guaranteed followups from n-air spacing now is huge. I never really used it to kill anyways. Final feet hit of n-air-> grab ->uptilt-> juggling was a bread 'n butter combo at low percents that just got more reliable.

I'm interested in knowing if Luma's n-air hitbox/damage/knockback got changed at all. If so, perhaps we'll get some easier followups on SHFF autocanceled n-air (Luma hit only). It's already godly to SHFF autocanceled n-air (shielded)-> grab to cover the shield option.
I don't think enough rosalina players realize just how insanely strong her nair is. if the character doesn't have a quick SH aerial option it covers every option safely outside of sitting in shield or rolling away.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I really, really like the changes to Luma's shooting range and callback speed. Now I won't be so vulnerable when I throw a star out.

Blazin'

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blazin_Raisins
3DS FC
5429-7955-3271
This nerf isn't too bad. I have to play more definsively with Luma, but that's alright. Practice makes perfect.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't even consider the patch a nerf on the whole. Despite the longer respawn time, which I hardly notice in a fight, I feel like sending Luma out is much safer for both Rosalina and Luma.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The shorter initial distance on Luma Shot will take a bit of getting used to but yeah, on the whole I think we came out of this relatively intact.

For reference, here's a list of confirmed changes:
  • Luma takes longer to respawn (8 -> 13 seconds)
  • Luma Shot covers 2/3 the distance when uncharged
  • Luma returns to Rosalina faster when recalled
  • Luma cannot attack once a throw animation starts, including command grabs; pummels can still be interrupted
  • Nair does less damage (6%/10% -> 5%/7%) and knockback
  • Usmash knockback is at a diagonal angle
  • Dsmash has more endlag
  • Grab has more endlag on whiff
  • Dtilt no longer hits behind Rosalina

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Anyone have any thoughts on the consequences/benefits of the removal of vectoring for Rosalina?

This would be great for her if her Usmash wasn't messed with, but at least we can know exact percentages at which it will kill. Though I suppose it shoots up at an angle now, so maybe it can be DI'd left or right, I have no idea.
Something good I think is Uthrow to Uair or Utilt is more likely to succeed, you can follow left or right DI but straight up could sometimes avoid the halo. This also means earlier kills off the top in Uair strings.

edit:

Noticing a trend of getting kills on the omega stages off the top around 120% on heavies with uair when sweetspotted. This move got a huge buff. Most players would vector Rosalina's Uair straight down, usually trying to counter with their own dair or maybe trying to fast fall, but since this was removed she kills so often with it now.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Lack of vectoring will be nice for the juggle game, I agree. I find it hard to care about the usmash nerf overall since it killed rather early to begin with when fresh so now it's...standardized? IDK. It does further solidify what I've been saying for ages now that Rosalina has a hard time killing without Luma, usmash was basically the only exception to that earlier unless you gimp or go for juggle strings.

I did a spot of For Glory after I downloaded the update and overall I was able to play Rosalina just as well as before so I'm really baffled by some people (not in this topic I don't think but elsewhere) saying that she's ruined or the nerfs were pandering or what-have-you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom