• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina vs Little Mac Matchup advice.

ForteSP

Smash Rookie
I don't know what's up with this. I play rosalina and seem to just get wrecked by little mac. He tilts and it immediately kills luma. If I try to shield he can smash or tilt to kill luma while i'm guarding. No matter what he does luma dies.

Additionally I can't seem to keep him out and he just runs me down and kills me. I can't even deal % to him. Throwing him doesn't seem to work for me either even If I get the successful back/forward throws at the edges.

Anyone able to give me a complete rundown of how to win this match up?

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
The quick answer is:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-match-up-analysis-vs-pit.380230/page-14
Recently the boards discussed the MU at length, so if you want advice in bulk, that's the place to go.

As for how to play it, I like to think of Little Mac as spawning at kill percent. If given the option between a high damage juggle, or simply tilting him offstage, the latter is more likely to net you the stock. After that, it's a matter of reading his option, and punishing hard enough to cost him the stock. Usually the better Little Macs will be looking to counter an attack in order to return to the stage, thankfully there's nothing stopping the Rosalina from simply waiting for the Mac to commit to an option, and then respond. It really comes down to practice, as Rosalina has the tools to be a very potent gimp master.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
Step 1: When the match starts dont approach, wait at your ledge facing mac
Step 2: Wait for mac to come running to you and either shield our spot dodge
Step 3: Grab, backthrow, aerial, dead.
I know its easier said than done but don't play macs game. Especailly with rosa, don't try to approach mac, its very difficult since he can punish well. Make Mac Come to you.

ForteSP

Smash Rookie
Step 1: When the match starts dont approach, wait at your ledge facing mac
Step 2: Wait for mac to come running to you and either shield our spot dodge
Step 3: Grab, backthrow, aerial, dead.
I know its easier said than done but don't play macs game. Especailly with rosa, don't try to approach mac, its very difficult since he can punish well. Make Mac Come to you.
That doesn't work against good little macs, lol. Players like Vex would never get wrecked by that...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really have much experience against Little Mac players, but what I do know is that because he's a close combat fighter, you want him to come to you. When customs are involved, Shooting Star Bit can offer some pressure, but keep in mind that Little Mac's Guard Breaker can't be blocked.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually approaching is something you can do just fine if you utilise Lunar Landing or Boost Grabbing.

Though I don't even think you need to do that. Never had problems approaching even good Macs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom