• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Luigi

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Luigi

Welcome to the Rosalina vs. Luigi match-up analysis thread. This thread will be used to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Luigi. For all the rules on the round 2 match-up discussions, please refer to the directory thread.

Last Updated: 6/21/2015
Special Moves Allowed| | :4luigi:
Default only | :rosalina: | +1
Default + Custom | :rosalina: | +2
Default only
Dabuz: +2
Kaishin: +2
Shirma Akayaku: ±0
TriTails: +1
Underhill: +2
ZeroSnipist: ±0

Default + Custom
Dabuz: +2
Kaishin: +2
Underhill: +2 - +3
ZeroSnipist: +1

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Default only
:rosalina:
Pros:
.Luma can jab Fireballs, Rosalina can Gravitational Pull (though unsafe at times), which can severely limit Luigi's approach options and prevent grabs.
.She can approach Luigi from a safe distance with Luma.
.She's light and floaty, which may slightly help her get out of a grab combo (e.i. Luigi down throw to Fair).
.Has a great recovery that can be difficult for Luigi to punish, depending on the angle of recovery.

Cons:
.Her light weight makes her very susceptible to early KO's.
.Gets heavily pressured without Luma.
.Luma can get knocked off stage easily by a variety of Luigi's moves.
.Some moves are more easily punished by Luigi

:4luigi:
Pros:
.Can easily combo out of grabs and reads.
.Has a very good damage output for each of his attacks
.Can usually get out of being combo'ed (e.i. Nair beating out another attack)
.Many of his attacks are fast with little ending lag

Cons:
.Has a hard time recovering and can be edge-guarded efficiently.
.Easily juggled
.His shield push back can hinder his approach options
. Some of his attacks have a short range

End result: ±0
Rosalina has great range on her attacks and can get Luigi into tricky situations / steups, but Luigi tends to be a hard hitter and can trade attacks more often when Luma is gone and his up smash covers so much ground.

I'll comment later for the Default + Custom.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Take note that Luigi's B-air can KO Rosalina out of Launch Star due to its high knockback and Rosalina's lightweight. You better off flying over his head on this one (But this puts you in risk of getting Cyclone'd).

And also, thanks to Rosalina's tall frame, SH B-airs are so gud (As long as Luma isn't on the way that is). She is also fairly easy to link attacks with due to... her tall frame again. And she dies pretty early from HooHahNado.

Though, Rosalina's spacings are hell, and her disjointed things along with that stupidly good U-smash and Luma make Luigi hard to approach (Albeit nowhere near impossible). Defensive Rosalina might be the best play on this one.

On Luigi's custom, I think he better off equipping default Fireballs/Iceballs, Quick Missile, Burial Header, and default Cyclone.

I think Fireballs and Iceballs can go above Luma and reach Rosalina, but I have no clue. Though, default Fireballs seem more preferable.

Quick Missile simply on how hard it is to gimp on some occasion (Goes really fast and far, but with tons of end lag). Green Missile is pretty gimpable from my experience.

Burial Header simply because the recovery boost it has (It goes higher than SJP), and at least make Luigi harder to juggle (but your disjointed and lingering U-air and U-tilt laughs at it). Maybe the burying will net Luigi some percents, but how the hell you're going to do that in the first place I have no clue.

Original Cyclone because the other variants are bad.

Last edited:

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
I'll start of by stating my score. I give this match up a ±0 for Rosalina & Luma without customs.
Luigi's fireballs force Rosalina to either jab away at the fireballs or to GP which might give Luigi the cue to go for a grab. Jabs are amazing and if the Luigi is impatient and decides to approach, Rosalina can play her game and take over. Getting grabbed is devastating to say the least, but Luma stays near the ground and if you mash u-air you can catch the Luigi off guard and disrupt his f-air combos. Juggling isn't to easy on Luigi since he is somewhat floaty. Cyclone is also a scary move in which it can separate Rosa and Luma (not to far off from each other) and cause massive damage to Luma. A Luigi falling down with a cyclone can be easily punished with a well-timed and well-spaced u-air. Not sure if star bits are much help in this match up. Recovering can be a hassle if Luigi comes out with his long-lasting n-air. Luigi's b-air is a stable move in killing Rosa near the ledge and even applying pressure. Luigi's other moves are all ok and Rosa can probably challenge some of them. Lunar Landing mixups are always effective. Lunar Landing and holding shield immediately. Extending the Luma hit boxes by rolling after a Lunar Landing can also pop Luigi in the air for some u-air combos. Now back to the topic of fireballs, I can say for sure that jabbing and staying away from fireballs is a wrong decision. Fireballs hit Luma when Luigi is just standing normally. If the Rosalina cowers behind and tries to avoid fireballs the Luigi can take the incentive to go forth in more pressure. The way I combat against fireballs is just dashing in with multiple options such as: Dash Attack, Grab/Boost Grab, and running Up-Smash. Luma takes all the hits (which most time are about 2 or 3) and acts as a shield. It's a good mixup and the Luigi might not see it coming.

Now for customs I'll try my best, but I don't have any experience against customs. I would say Rosa has +1 when using customs.
Not much to say for Luigi since not all his customs make his game play better. The Ice Ball may be effective, but it only freezes after 65%-70% I think. Burying Header does cause you to be grounded, but Luma can still act and will punish the Luigi for his most likely random up-b. Rosa can put some distance with Shooting Star Bits and get some easy damage. Launch Star Plus could be used to avoid getting n-aired of stage. Gurdian Luma is better than the standard so why not use it. Overall Rosa can apply more percent with customs so it's in her favor by a small margin.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised any of you think this matchup is somehow worse than Mario's. Luigi has all of the same problems in this matchup except worse because he moves slower both in the air and on the ground. He has 0 approach options that can do anything to a jabbing Rosalina that aren't avoidable or punishable on reaction.

His little fireball shieldstun grab setup is rendered useless by the Luma's jab and in the event he grabs SoRo at a surprisingly specific percentage and true combos her into his one reliable killer (down b), she can simply DI out. Not so reliable anymore.

I have a hard time gimping Luigi thanks to his instant high-priority recovery (like with Mario), so I won't take that into account.

+1 because it's still Luigi and he's still top tier and I don't want to underestimate him. But it's pretty close to being a counter.

Edit: Supposedly the Weegee's has some pretty good customs. However, I cant imagine he gets anything better than what we get. Because in turn, we have the ability to win neutral much more easily by making Weegee board the SS Luma. We also have luma warp and our GP is nearly useless here so a better option is available for that as well. +2

Yeah, Rosy wrecks Mr. L pretty hard.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Just here to say Luigi can Fireball over Luma and hit Rosalina, no more jabbing shenanigans.

Take texts past here with a grain of salt:
Not sure if Luigi does worse than Mario. Mario and Luigi both can approach (Saying Luigi has zero approach options when he has Cyclone is insulting. Pls stop) with Fireballs, and Luigi should not approach in this MU.

I'm against comparing this MU to Mario because various reasons. They both play extremely different is one of the reasons, and their gameplays are not the same, AT. ALL. Not even when fighting Rosalina.

IMO, Luigi goes slight disadvantage because:
- Luma is annoying, period. Messes with approaches and does truckload of knockback. Though, thanks to Luigi's many diagonal trajectory moves eliminating it once he get in its space can be fairly easy...
- He gets juggled easily. Luigi is better off resetting to the ledge everytime he is disadvantaged in the air because Rosalina's U-air.
- Luigi has bottom 5 general mobility, it's hard to chase Rosalina.
- Gets out-ranged.
- Can be gimped easily (No. Rosalina doesn't care about Cyclone. She just straight up D-air spike everything).

But...
- Luigi hits like a train once he gets in. Not only Rosalina is floaty (Leaving her very susceptible to Cyclone), but her tall frame allows for easier combos. Luigi can KO Rosalina in a few solid strings and a HooHahNado (You don't even have to mash that hard. Rosalina's vertical survivability is lulzy enough and the fact that she has a tall frame and floaty nature makes her attempt at falling off the Cyclone is a chore).
- Luigi can gimp Rosalina easily with B-air. No, it's not called gimping. It's straight up KOing people off-stage.
- Her tall frame leaves her vulnerable to Luigi's SHAC aerials.
- Luigi doesn't even need grabs to rack up damage. He better off doing something better like U-smashing both Rosalina and Luma once he gets in rather than doing double chop and get hit by random U-airs. Unlike Mario, he has better damage output and attack speed, making racking up damage even without grabs feasible .
- Cyclone is a godsend in this MUs. Often surprises people a lot and separates Luma

+1 for Rosalina without customs. Though, I recall Dabuz saying somewhere that this MU is even, but that was quite long ago and he probably changed his mind, but we could use some help from @ Dabuz Dabuz since he has fought Boss before.

Customs I have no clue, but Luigi is better off sticking with 3311 or 1311. Burial Header seems useless in this fight other than the recovery boost.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
In all fairness. I don't think Luigi will need to approach. He can fire his Fireballs above Luma and hit Rosalina, and if Rosalina GPs, that's a free Cyclone there. Rosalina can't threathen Luigi from afar due to lacking a projectile (Luma Shot... doesn't really count. And you are basically throwing your Luma to a volcano there), and if she decides to fire her Luma, that's a front D-smash or U-smash there, which sends people behind Luigi, and possibly to Luma's death due being in tumble off-stage.

Kind of funny since I have seen Luigis trying to approach Rosalinas (Me included), only to get slapped in the face by Luma. And by seeing some more tourney matches, Luigi really must not grab + F-air/strong U-air/whatever when Luma is nearby. Best he must do is D-throw + reverse U-air + B-air or just plain U-smash to separate both. THEN he can go ham.

Welp. Anyone that can prove me wrong please do.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
In all fairness. I don't think Luigi will need to approach. He can fire his Fireballs above Luma and hit Rosalina, and if Rosalina GPs, that's a free Cyclone there. Rosalina can't threathen Luigi from afar due to lacking a projectile (Luma Shot... doesn't really count. And you are basically throwing your Luma to a volcano there), and if she decides to fire her Luma, that's a front D-smash or U-smash there, which sends people behind Luigi, and possibly to Luma's death due being in tumble off-stage.

Kind of funny since I have seen Luigis trying to approach Rosalinas (Me included), only to get slapped in the face by Luma. And by seeing some more tourney matches, Luigi really must not grab + F-air/strong U-air/whatever when Luma is nearby. Best he must do is D-throw + reverse U-air + B-air or just plain U-smash to separate both. THEN he can go ham.

Welp. Anyone that can prove me wrong please do.
Luma jab beats Luigi's fireballs with 100% consistency, it also lag-less so Luma can do anything it wants, here, let me show you:
This is not the only example, there are many more I could show you but I don't want to clog up this thread. There are many things Rosalina can do to just put a stop to what Luigi wants to do. I don't think the match-up is impossible for Luigi, but I do think it is in Rosalina's favor.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Standing Fireballs obviously can be jabbed. What I meant is SH fireballs (Timing is everything. Input Fireball right after your rising has stopped) that goes through Luma and potentiallly can hit Rosalina. Not sure if Luma can still jab, but since an user in Mario Mu thread mentioned Mario's high bouncing Fireballs can't be jabbed then I assume this can't too.

I too think this is in Rosalina's favor. But depending on what you translates +1 into, I think this MU is about 60:40 Rosalina, but no more than that. But I'll stick with +1.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
The last place you want to be VS Rosalina as anyone is in the air and below is the standard for match-up advantages:
Match-Up Scoring
Unlike with the round 1 discussions, round 2 will not be using a ratio system. It'll instead use a more simplified scoring system, which consists of the following...
  • +3 = large advantage
  • +2 = moderate advantage
  • +1 = small advantage
  • ±0 = even
  • -1 = small disadvantage
  • -2 = moderate disadvantage
  • -3 = large disadvantage

TriTails

Smash Lord
The last place you want to be VS Rosalina as anyone is in the air
Not really. If she isn't near me to begin with I can freely SH retreating Fireballs without much trouble, and fast-fall if she is dashing to me and respond with something (U-smash, D-smash, Cyclone.... yet another mindgames).

But wait. If she is dashing to me, wouldn't she still get hit by that last Fireball?

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Not really. If she isn't near me to begin with I can freely SH retreating Fireballs without much trouble, and fast-fall if she is dashing to me and respond with something (U-smash, D-smash, Cyclone.... yet another mindgames).

But wait. If she is dashing to me, wouldn't she still get hit by that last Fireball?
Nair also beats out fireballs, also when Rosalina and Luma dash attack covers landings really well due to how fast and far it can hit. If you keep retreating you will lose stage control and Luigi is the one that has to go in, while R&L do not. We just wait close by until you get impatient or make a mistake.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Preeeeettyyyy dang sure DA can be punished by Cyclone at the end lag, or worse. Though, it's a good move. Rosalina just have to be careful not to throw it around and DO read people's landing.

And N-air can be shieldgrabbed. Luigi just have to make sure he doesn't go for his BnB if Luma is around.

But oh well. Luigi doesn't lose this MU simply because on how hard it is for him to deal damage when Luma is around. He is susceptible to juggles, gimps, and gets KO'd easily off the top. Not to mention Rosalina's crazy hitboxes AND Luma. But boy, no one can disrespect Luigi when he gets in. Rosalina is easily KO'd with HooHahNado (Don't mash to the end. When Rosalina is dragged to the middle just stop mashing and she is guaranteed to be hit with the last hitbox, and you don't even need to mash that hard to KO her at like 100% with some rage, and even if she isn't KO'd yet, now she is now in disadvantage. But SDI it anyway.).

As a side note: I feel that Luigis force out their Cyclone too much. I mean, pick one: Mash and probably get them fall BELOW you (Luigi's worst place to hit people) AND get U-aired for your trouble. Or. Don't mash as hard, hit them with the last hitbox, not KO-ing them and put them in disadvantage.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Preeeeettyyyy dang sure DA can be punished by Cyclone or Luigi's N-air.

And N-air can be shieldgrabbed. Luigi just have to make sure he doesn't go for his BnB if Luma is around.

But oh well. Luigi doesn't lose this MU simply because on how hard it is for him to deal damage when Luma is around. He is susceptible to juggles, gimps, and gets KO'd easily off the top. Not to mention Rosalina's crazy hitboxes AND Luma. But boy, no one can disrespect Luigi when he gets in. Rosalina is easily KO'd with HooHahNado (Don't mash to the end. When Rosalina is dragged to the middle just stop mashing and she is guaranteed to be hit with the last hitbox, and you don't even need to mash that hard to KO her at like 100% with some rage, and even if she isn't KO'd yet, now she is now in disadvantage. But SDI it anyway.).

As a side note: I feel that Luigis force out their Cyclone too much. I mean, pick one: Mash and probably get them fall BELOW you (Luigi's worst place to hit people) AND get U-aired for your trouble. Or. Don't mash as hard, hit them with the last hitbox, not KO-ing them and put them in disadvantage.
I agree with you that once Luigi gets in he is excellent, and HooHahNado is really good.

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina can run away from Luigi easily. Yeah, it's devastating, but with two players of equal skill it generally takes him like 50 damage just to get in to do whatever combo he wants to do.

I don't think +0 is very accurate for without customs, so in the interest of not misrepresenting, I'm going to change my vote without customs to a +2.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I main both of them so I'll give out some insight on the MU.

First, let's start with the man in green.
:4luigi:: Luigi can ko better, combo the h*** out of her, has better grab game, and throws. Luigi's fireballs are vertical so if you miss the fireball with Luma's jab, then Rosalina may get hit. Even if you shield the tornado, Luma will still get hit. Forward smash and Neutral attack Luma off the stage to focus on Rosalina. Also, damage output surpasses Rosalina's and can put on hurt Luma .Once you get grabbed, you're combo meat because of her big and tall hurtbox. The tornado set-up is helpful too because she's floaty and have a large hurtbox so you'll have a hard time di-ing out of it. Up-b can kill Rosalina at 64% or higher if you get read, or when he finds a hard punish. Rosalina is floaty and her landing options aren't safe so don't land on Luigi unless you want more damage from him. His ko moves are better than your along with rage because she's light and floaty. Off-stage, down-air for spiking, back-air for stage spike, f-airs, and the tornado(without jump for button mash) are something to watch out for since she doesn't have a hitbox on her recovery. Also, ledge punishes from his down-smash(which can spike her down), and down-tile are something to look out for while recovering. Pivot grab, pivot fireballs, pivot up smash and forward smash are something to look out for since he can slide alittle more with bad traction. Best not to use GP against fireballs because of her end lag and short range of the fireball. Watch out for his grab because he'll go for a back throw to split R&L to get rid of Luma since the star can't stop the grab and won't go for pummels or his down-throw with Luma around.

:rosalina:: Her range, dangerous edgeguarding, and jiggling game can be a huge threat, here. Luma's jabs can snipe out approaches because they're bad. Forward tile and down tile to out-space and shut down his approaches with her range. SH n-air, Neutral b, and SH b-air for zoning and out-spacing him. With Lunar landings, you can bait, out-space, mindgame, and even get a small combo as well. Up-tile and up-smash serves as anti-air moves against Luigi's low range aerials and tornado. Since Luigi is floaty and has poor air speed, she can jiggle him hard with up-airs and give him trouble, landing. Use her dangerous up-airs to get combos, harass him above you, frame trap him, and even get early kills with Luma(rage to add). Use Luigi's bad traction to your advantage because if he raw shield, then he'll get push back and slide farther to actually punish. Star bits help for spacing along with Lunar landing. Rosalina's edgegurading hurts Luigi more than Mario because of his jump punch less jump height, and linear recovery. Green missile to easily get spiked down by down-air on Rosalina's hitbox. Even to get a early kill or gimp with down-air on Luma's hitbox. B-air to punish the end lag on the tornado if you get a read. Her ground speed is better than Luigi along with air speed, but not greater though. Down smash for killing by its back hit, spacing, and ledge punishing along with down tile, and angled forward smash. Mix up approaches, make it hard for Luigi to approach you since he's bad at it, zone and space him out pivot forward tile, pivot forward smash and pivot up smash, and use her range to your advantage along with Luma.

Stages: Battlefield is a must because Rosalina can harass Luigi even more with platforms by jiggling him with up-airs, SH aerials, star-bits, up-tiles, up-smashes, and give him trouble landing from platforms to the ground. So thank her tall height and range. As for Luigi, blastzones help him live longer and even get more combos from platforms. Delfino Plaza and Helberb are worst for Luigi because even though Luigi's vertical ko can kill earlier, Rosalina can also kill early with vertical kills as well with using platforms to her advantage. Duck hunt is ok for both because of bigger blastzones and no stage spike kills. However, since there's room to run around, she can run away, camp, and also use the tree under for up-airs against Luigi. Lylat criuse must be ban because the stage moves and can mess up Rosalina's recovery for her to snap the ledges.

Customs: Shooting star bit because you use as a projectile for damage, camp, pivot, and force approaches. Crouch is not low enough to duck under shooting stars. Guardian Luma for Luigi's incoming attacks, mindgame, and spacing. Teleport Luma for more options to gimp, set ups, and mindgames.

Results: +2 in Rosalina's favor because :4luigi:may have better damage output, combos, air game, and koing, but Rosalina's disjoint range, zoning, jiggling game, and edgeguarding game are dangerous against Luigi and she's a threat to him. She may be one of his hard MUs because of her threating tools so its hard for him to get grabs on you.
As for customs, I'm going to say its +2.5. With shooting star bit, its better than Luigi's fireballs, she can use them to camp, stop approaches and force Luigi to approach you even if he power shields them. Teleport Luma to gimp for early kills if possible and mindgame. And Guardian Luma is better than default since it give Luigi more trouble approaching with baits, mindgames, and spacing.

Sorry, Luigi players, but as both a Luigi and Rosalina main, I have to argee this MU favors Rosalina and she can give Luigi h***(but less than Sheik though) if you face really good Rosalina player and they know what they doing. Please prove me wrong if any of you Luigis out there have good information on the MU and I'm missing something.
As for Rosalina players, have fun with the MU and do your best, giving the man in green a rough time on the battlefield.

Edit: @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy I change my score for the customs to +2.5 instead of +3. Default score is still the same. Yeah, I think +3 was too much so I went to +2.5 in Rosalina's favor for Customs because I think its that score at best. Sorry for the confusing and I could ask if you can change my score for Customs on the spoiler list.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Luigi is being analyzed again for this week. If you have anything to contribute for the match-up, especially in regards to the newest software update, this is the place to do it.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi gets crapped on in anywhere except in his jab/grab range and now has trouble killing Rosalina due to lack of reliable HooHahNado.

Luma still trains over him.

I don't think I need to say any further.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Definitely one of Luigi's harder MU's. Luma is a huge thorn in Luigi's side, and even without Luma Space Peach's attacks generally outrange Luigi. I don't think I really need to go into real depth about why this MU is hard for Luigi. Better mobility + good range + Luma + juggles + edge guarding = Sad Plumber. However, we do have a few things over Rosalina that I think is important to note.

First off, Rosalina's recovery is pretty free for cyclone gimping. If you can't manage that, then Bair and Dair work with proper timing. Cyclone is the superior option if you can do a jump less cyclone, though. Other than that, not much can be said about edge guarding. Just respect Luigi offstage, as his edge guarding is a very underrated.

Luigi has a few good options to get Luma off reliably. The most notable being back throw and cyclone. However, cyclone leaves you vulnerable and b throw requires a grab. Other than that, a retreating Nair and Bair is safe on normal shield if spaced properly and can poke at Luma.

If Luigi does get in then prepare to take damage. It's not hard to rack up damage on Rosalina if Luma isn't in you once we get in. If luma is present while we get a grab then we have two options: b throw for a favorable position while also driving luma away (can also set up for edge guards or just outright kill depending on stage positioning), or d throw hoping to combo...and then get bopped hard by luma.

Well, there's a reason why Luigi mains hate this MU. His approach is essentially invalidated as long as luma is on the field. I like what Boss does. Immediately, at the start of the game, he makes it a priority to get luma out of the picture and accepts the hit from Rosalina. Once Luigi gets rid of Luma the MU essentially goes from the 65-35 range to the 6-4 territory. Granted, Rosalina alone still makes approaching a hassle. Her moves still do the job of spacing out Luigi, and her mobility can still create problems. Not to mention Luma coming back in only around 15ish seconds (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).

Overall, this is a very notorious MU for Luigi, but it's still not as bad as say, Sheik or Mega Man. Luigi has to keep tabs on Luma and manage the star shaped monstrosity effectively, or he'll be at too much of a disadvantage to play his game effectively (and even then, it's still not too great when Luma's gone).

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
First off, Rosalina's recovery is pretty free for cyclone gimping. If you can't manage that, then Bair and Dair work with proper timing. Cyclone is the superior option if you can do a jump less cyclone, though. Other than that, not much can be said about edge guarding. Just respect Luigi offstage, as his edge guarding is a very underrated.
I think Launch Star flies too far to be able to be contained with Cyclone gimping alone. Although, if you DO read where she is going, D-air spike can usually do the job as edgeguarding Rosalina poses nearly zero threats.

Luigi has a few good options to get Luma off reliably. The most notable being back throw and cyclone. However, cyclone leaves you vulnerable and b throw requires a grab. Other than that, a retreating Nair and Bair is safe on normal shield if spaced properly and can poke at Luma.
To add, jab 3 knocks Luma in tumble. Definitely a go-to option when Luma's near the edge. Easily shieldgrabbed, but feasible if Luma's far away.

There's also dash attack with its high base KB, but throwing out that move without hitting Rosalina would be foolish.

If Luigi does get in then prepare to take damage. It's not hard to rack up damage on Rosalina if Luma isn't in you once we get in. If luma is present while we get a grab then we have two options: b throw for a favorable position while also driving luma away (can also set up for edge guards or just outright kill depending on stage positioning), or d throw hoping to combo...and then get bopped hard by luma.
If the Rosalina doesn't have very good reaction time, then a REALLY quick F-throw may be able to get you off Luma's range of punishment (F-throw at 0% doesn't send people into tumble, mind you). D-throw and comboing when Luma is in the way isn't exactly a good way to win a match, although, I've gotten away with a few.

Not to mention Luma coming back in only around 15ish seconds (correct me if I'm wrong on that one).
It's 12-13 seconds + [insert how long Luma spends in tumble state and falling offstage before it dies]. So not only knocking Luma offstage is an easy way to get rid of it, it also gives you extra time to deal in what you want.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just watch out for Launch Star Attack, as that would make edge-guarding Rosalina more difficult for Luigi to pull off.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I don't have much right now lol. Since TriTails TriTails and G. Stache G. Stache beat to it first, but later, I may put out something that I know so far since I main both. Rosalina still stomps Luigi about +2 and its harder for him to kill because of the nerf, but than Sheik though. Preview post such as her stronger juggling game, edgeguards, stuffing out approaches and out spacing him hard becaus of her disjoints and Luma. Combo game to hurt Rosalina and pressuring her, gimping and juggling her, and has a couple of tools to take out Luma. I'll come back with more when facing competitive Luigis or Rosalinas.

Top Bottom