Old rivalries live on!
- Sep 18, 2007
- Mushroom Kingdom
- 3DS FC
Rosalina Match-Up Analysis R2 - Directory Thread
Welcome to the brand new Rosalina Match-Up Analysis directory thread. This directory will be serving as the successor of the old match-up analysis thread, which was used for the round 1 match-up discussions.
With the competitive scene continuing to grow, it became time for me to have to redo the match-up discussions, but with one major change to go with it. Now, we'll be analyzing Rosalina's match-ups with and without the custom specials.
There are also some big rule changes that will take place, so be sure to remember the following information.
- Like with the past match-up threads, please do not flame, spam, or troll other users in any way, or you might risk getting warned or infracted.
- All match-up discussions "have" to be under Rosalina's perspective.
- All match-up discussions need to be relevant, which means that you must fully explain why Rosalina has an advantage or disadvantage against her opponent.
- Saying stuff like "Rosalina wins" or "Rosalina loses" will not be valid inputs without any kind of proof.
- Match videos can be used as references, but it's recommended that you avoid embedding them, as too many videos on one page could cause lag.
- When discussing match-ups, we need to assume that the players are playing at their top potential.
Unlike with the round 1 discussions, round 2 will not be using a ratio system. It'll instead use a more simplified scoring system, which consists of the following...
- +3 = large advantage
- +2 = moderate advantage
- +1 = small advantage
- ±0 = even
- -1 = small disadvantage
- -2 = moderate disadvantage
- -3 = large disadvantage
In terms of getting an average score, at the end of each week on the schedule, I'll add up all the score inputs, and then divide them by the number of users who made a score input. The average will then be rounded to the nearest integer, unless the tenths value of the decimal reads .5 (Ex.: +0.5).
However, unlike with round 1, in round 2, all score inputs will be split between the following categories...
- Default only: Rosalina and her opponent are only allowed to use their default special moves; 1111. In Rosalina's case, she has to use Luma Shot, Star Bits, Launch Star, and Gravitational Pull.
- Default + Custom: Rosalina and her opponent can use their custom special moves, along with their default special moves.
On an additional note, if users do make ratio inputs, they will be converted into the new scoring format; for example, 60:40 would be converted into +1, assuming that the score is under Rosalina's perspective.
Each character will be given his/her own discussion thread, and as many as four characters will be discussed in a single week. This thread will be linked to those individual threads as well, and vice versa.
After a week has passed, four more character threads will be created, and they'll be given top priority for one week. This process will continue until each character has been covered. Afterwards, we'll still analyze four characters per week, but no more threads will be created. Intermission weeks can also occur.
On an additional note, unlike with round 1, round 2 will include the DLC characters, such as Mewtwo and Lucas. Also, there won't be a time limit for the round 2 match-up discussions, so all match-up discussion threads will stay open, regardless of whether or not the characters have top priority.