• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina & Luma Reaction Thread

How did you feel about the tag team Rosalina & Luma?

• Awesome, they should add more.

Votes: 41 89.1%
  • Meh...

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Why would you even think of this, it's horrible!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i was like
new kirby air ride!> kirby in mario kart 8!> rosalina in mario kart 8!> ROSALINA IN SMASH4!!!! OMG YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, It was bittersweet(take a look at my sig).
My First thought was "At least it's not Jr."
I then started liking her in her own right.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
One of these days I'll get around to animating a reaction video to each newcomer. But for now, this'll do.

"Oh, um, let's see. Kirby U? NO, Kirby Air Ride 2! YES! Wait, Rainbow Road. Now it's Mario Kart. Kirby's in Mario Kart 8? No, that's Donkey Kong's Smash fur. Wait, Launch Star. Rainbow Road is a stage? Oh, Luma. Wait, don't tell me. OK, Kirby's NOT dead. Luma in Mario Kart 8? Is it Rosalina? IT IS. Um, Rosalina in MK8? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Wait, is she a puppet user? Cool! Poke Ball? Gravity? Toon Link? Launch Star? Villager net? Huh? Oh, it's over. Check, please."

I reacted negatively at first, but then her playstyle began to interest me, so I warmed up to her. I still want Toad or Waluigi, but at least Bowser Junior's less likely!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I was really happy and surprised.
I had a lot of schoolwork to do and didn't get to see the direct, so I heard about it via email and friends.
Oh well, wish it was more interesting, I really do.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My true reaction when I first saw it-
I called it, so called it, date, character, EVERYTHING, I just called it!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I was downtown getting my driving license renewed, so I saw the whole Direct on my iPhone while in the waiting room. The instant Rosalina showed up, I started walking around the place while trying to contain my excitement. If someone called my name at that point, I probably didn't listen. I was almost crying tears of joy.

This image sums up my feelings inside:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well, when they announced the Nintendo Direct on the 18th, I knew a newcomer would be shown. Since a newcomer was shown every other month through the direct so far. Since it was December, the month of many holidays and the last month of the year, I expected a newcomer to help regain hype for the game. I already knew Rosalina was a popular character, yet recently, with the many roles in the Mario games, and appearances in late November, I could easily see her in the new smash game. As many people on the boards were to stubborn to expect such a recent character like her, I was one of the few people here not affected by that and totally call the reveal.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well, when they announced the Nintendo Direct on the 18th, I knew a newcomer would be shown. Since a newcomer was shown every other month through the direct so far. Since it was December, the month of many holidays and the last month of the year, I expected a newcomer to help regain hype for the game. I already knew Rosalina was a popular character, yet recently, with the many roles in the Mario games, and appearances in late November, I could easily see her in the new smash game. As many people on the boards were to stubborn to expect such a recent character like her, I was one of the few people here not affected by that and totally call the reveal.
I was one of those people who thought Rosalina would never show up. I was about to bet money with anyone that she would be an Assist Trophy. I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter when she got confirmed.

I have learned never underestimate Sakurai.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited! Rosalina was a character I hoped would get in. However I never expected her to be this unique. I can't wait to play as her!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was one of those people who thought Rosalina would never show up. I was about to bet money with anyone that she would be an Assist Trophy. I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter when she got confirmed.

I have learned never underestimate Sakurai.
Yeah, before her reveal it didn't seem too 'out there' that she'd be an assist trophy or something minor of that nature. Just glad that didn't turn out to be the case and that she was actually a character, as one of the few closet supporters. Like with Wolf pre-Brawl her support wasn't really taken that seriously, with Bowser Jr being like the loudest of the Mario character support groups. Man, I love certain deja vu's.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I was downtown getting my driving license renewed, so I saw the whole Direct on my iPhone while in the waiting room. The instant Rosalina showed up, I started walking around the place while trying to contain my excitement. If someone called my name at that point, I probably didn't listen. I was almost crying tears of joy.

This was pretty much me all day on Wednesday.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I was happy to see another newcomer, and the tag team with Luma seems so interesting! Here's hoping she lives up to the hype

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i was excited really. however, this now decreases paper mario's chances of being in smash bros now.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I managed to avoid anything that would tell me about the direct and I was happily suprised, she is definately gonna be my main

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I've pretty much been like that since the reveal.
It also just got me more generally hyped for Smash.

As for the more specific parts of my reaction, my tumblr has had a lot of Rosalina content on it since the reveal, I started to have a lot of Rosalina nostalgia, I really want 3D World more than ever to play as her in that, I have the urge to draw her (then again I have the urge to draw a lot of characters), and since I have been getting into Garry's Mod lately, I made sure to get a ragdoll model of her (ended up finding both he Galaxy model and her MKWii Biker model). I've made a few things involving her, including one that I made today:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I was in school when it happened. I kept my phone on me so I can check the website at break (oh yeah, I'm a BADA$$).

Unfortunately, reception is terrible at my school so I went on the website, the challenger approaching screen went up first, and I was waiting for a picture or the little "Introduction" below the pic of the day. The introduction thing came up, I saw "CHALLENGER TEAM, ROSALINA AND LUMA", and freaked out a little. My phone began to pick up some speed, and I looked at her page on the dojo in my old chemistry teacher's class while my friends did an AP Chem lab.

I didn't watch the video until I was driving home from school that afternoon. So it was very hectic, yet very appealing. I thought we were getting Snake.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I didn't watch the video until I was driving home from school that afternoon. So it was very hectic, yet very appealing. I thought we were getting Snake.
You were driving and watching the rosalina reveal at the same time?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
My reaction was like: Awesome! Finally another legit female character for the Smash Roster~ YAYZ~
She could end up one of my new mains if I like her odd play style enough.
She's definitley one of mine along with lucario wii fit trainer and Ike if he returns

Top Bottom