• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina in 4 players games

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Here's the thing: I remember someone saying that Rosie was better in duels, and so far I'd have to agree. I'm having trouble playing as Rosie outside of 1vs1 situations.

So my question is the following:

How do you people usually handle 2vs2 and free-for-all games as Rosalina?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I keep Luma by my side in FFA and doubles, only sending it out when I see an opportunity and calling it back once it's safe to do so. It's just so chaotic compared to singles that I think the added range, damage, and protection from keeping Luma attached to Rosalina is worth losing the stage control. (You already have a partner for that in doubles, and in FFA it's basically pointless.)

In a 2v1 situation I'll send Luma out to keep the second guy busy. That worked out pretty well the one time I had chance to try it, ended up winning.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I think rosa plays really good zone control. I prefer playing her in dubz when i'm paired with a strong rush down character, like sheik. Rosa is great for landing kills, great smashes, uair and dair are both extremely effective. I agree with paranoid, It seems overall the best option is to keep luma with rosa. It's too easy to accidently hit your partner while trying to attack someone in doubles if luma is just dangling out there. Play semi-defensive try to feed off of the hits your partner gets and go for the kill with spaced fsmash / upsmashes OoS. That seems to be the most effective way to play her in doubles that I have found.

I don't play FFA so no comment on that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can't speak for doubles too much, but in FFA, it depends on the situation.

If you send Luma out and let Rosalina hang back, you can let everyone else beat on each other for a bit, while causing some havoc with Luma. And in doing so, Rosalina remains unscathed.

Rosalina can afford to be more of a rushdown character in FFA though, with Luma by her side.

I personally don't think she's bad in FFA at all. I honestly apply a lot of the same strategies as I do in 1v1 anyway, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

Top Bottom