• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Avatar Club

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So, I finally jumped the Rosalina bandwagon! Just love the facial angle for this image. Looks sassy!

I had to do a bit of a muddy GIMP job. But hey, it's experience.

EDIT: Gods, ThatWasPeachy beat me to it! Ah well. My zoom is farther than your's!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Part of me wants to make Rosalina my avatar on a bunch of websites (especially since everyone using one here has awesome ones). However, I'm pretty attached to this avatar for personal reasons. I will put Rosalina in my sig, though.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
My Plan, have all the newcomers announced, then have an avatar with ALL of them!

I'lLL BE IN THEM ALL! MWAHAAHAHAHHA!

Ceph

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1805-2306-4996
Looks like some ppl have already switched their avatars... Oh well.

Rosaluma!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Looks like some ppl have already switched their avatars... Oh well.

Rosaluma!
It was inevitable for some, but the few or couple potential newcomers/characters that could've made me stop my avatar trend for awhile likely aren't happening now anyway, so yeah.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm contemplating changing my avatar, but simply to another Rosalina one.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Back to Rosalina again. There needs to be more Raccoon/Tanooki Rosalina pictures.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
My avatar is simply sad Rosalina. Before Nintendo made her popular, she was still my favorite Mario character. Always used her in Mario Kart Wii online.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm going to be joining the Rosalina Avatar Club. I'm going to be using her in the new game, so I'm all for this!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I loved Rosalina since I first played Galaxy. However, I kind of forgot about her due to the fact that I really suppressed how much I loved the character when I was younger, since I would likely have been made fun of for both being really attracted to her in a sexual/romantic sense (which would be seen as extremely laughable because she's from a family friendly game and is not really sexualised at all, like say, Lara Croft), but also because I went to an all-boys school, so even liking Sonic and Smash Bros was something I struggled with at first, because everyone only cared about games with guns and explosions and what not. You know how it is.

So for many years, I hardly ever acknowledged the fact I loved the character, even to myself. So I just kind of looked at fan art or read her storybook again on the odd time. This is sort of a deep rooted issue I have, since I consider myself "gender neutral" as well as sort of being a kid at heart, meaning I don't like things so I can conform to gender roles. I could play a Duke Nukem game one minute, and a Kirby game the next. However, many people cannot fathom this, so I'm often made fun of or seriously harassed when I like a female character who isn't blatantly objectified, and people have interpreted it as being creepy. I play as a lot of female characters in video games, specifically fighters, where my main usually ends up being female due to them having a fighting style I click with.

However, when she was revealed for 3D World, and later for Smash, I was EXTREMELY ecstatic, I thought my heart would stop. Rosalina pretty much was what sold me on getting 3D World, and she brought my hype for Smash back in full swing when it was sort of waning (which was due to Sakurai making a few questionable/disappointing remarks, such as Smash 4 having no story mode). And since I've been comfortable with expressing myself more online, I don't hide the fact I absolutely love and adore Rosalina anymore, especially since I can hardly contain how excited I get when talking about her or seeing her in action. I could literally marry this woman, but she's not just shallow "waifu" material to me, I think she's one of the most beautifully designed characters I have seen from a thematic standpoint, and I relate to her really deeply. I also really appreciate the motherly values she represents, as well as the family values she represents, since I have deep mother/family issues, to the point where I have nurtured most of my beliefs all by myself.

Basically, beyond being just a really well written, well designed, and dignified character who really stands out among the rest of the Mario characters (and there's also the fact that she's ALWAYS like, the best character when she is playable), Rosalina represents my ideal woman (personality wise...as well as having an irresistible body to me... Embarrass:love:), but also represents the perfect mother figure I wish I could have had, and she teaches a lot of family values I wish my own family could understand. If I ever have kids, Rosalina will be an influence on how I bring them up. And I hope to make my own physical version of her storybook some day (if Nintendo doesn't mass produce one), and I would definitely read it to my kids.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've gotten pretty tired of my last Rosalina avatar, so I switched to another cute-looking drawing that I came across...

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Great story, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad

I can relate, but possibly to a lesser degree. I first played Galaxy when I got my Wii in 2008, and looked up to her as a beautiful character. To see the sort of stuff she presented in a Mario game was amazing. I loved to play as her in Mario Kart Wii and 7, but really kept it to myself. Just the day before Rosalina was announced as playable in Smash, I beat all the staff ghosts as her in MK Wii.

When I lost a bet related to New Super Mario Bros. 2 in 2012, the "consequence" was being forced to play MK7 online with silly options for a little while. Among the ridiculous-looking vehicle parts, my mate made me play as Rosalina with the name "PeachFreak", as if I were a fool to confuse the two. I chuckled at the convenient delight I at least got to play as a character I adored.

Having Rosalina revealed as a playable character in 3D World made me quite excited, and soon later when she was shown to be playable in Smash Brothers as well, it blew my mind. It's the one newcomer announcement I actually physically reacted to. All others, even Palutena who I desired perhaps equally as much, put a smile on my face in all instances, but for Rosalina, I recall the astounded face I pulled and the arm gestures I raised. I was left speechless with amazement. She wasn't a "predictable" entry as near-all other newcomers have been, and it made me proud to see Rosalina in.

I like to reflect this feeling by having her as an avatar, and in what I find to be one of the most adorable poses. The wiggles to her hips that come along with Gravitational Pull and her jab infinite is the best thing ever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The wiggles to her hips that come along with Gravitational Pull and her jab infinite is the best thing ever.
Don't forget her sassy hip jiggle-death stare taunt. :V

Rosalina was not only the most surprising newcomer (the only possible exception being Wii Fit Trainer), but her reveal trailer was probably the best one. I mean, all of the newcomer trailers were awesome, but Rosalina's was special because you didn't know it was supposed to even be Smash related at first. All of the other trailers were directly presented by Sakurai, part of some Smash event, or had the little "shing" with the Smash logo and the fire at the start. But Rosalina's wasn't and didn't have the Smash logo, and I thought it was going to be a trailer for Kirby Air Ride 2 or Kirby as a guest in MK8 (I would still love either of these things to happen, though). So when Rosalina showed up, I was confused at first, and then I was like "YEEESSS!!!".

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I agree completely. I would actually think of Palutena's trailer much more highly if it skipped over the first few seconds, and started with Link and Pit battling. The same applies to Little Mac's, but only for the Smash logo in flames.

Greninja's trailer was a whole new beast because even though you knew it was a Smash trailer, he (or it, rather) was handled spectacularly well, being concealed in shadows and all. I say this as somebody who likes Palutena and Little Mac much over Greninja.

Basically, Rosalina's trailer is my favourite not only for the character it announced, but its execution in doing so.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
What do you guys think of my Avatar? Taken directly from Mario Kart 8 thanks to the powere of the Wii U.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
What do you guys think of my Avatar? Taken directly from Mario Kart 8 thanks to the powere of the Wii U.
Pretty damn sexy by default, because it has Rosalina in it. I love that spin trick she does near anti-gravity sections, replaced by a backflip when on a bike. I would suggest zooming in the picture more, so we can enhance visuals of the goods.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Since my name is now Ghirahilda, it will don't make sense for me to use a Rosalina avatar now...

I wish to have a Ghirahim head stuck in Rosalina's body.. like my avatar having Ghirahim's face in Zelda's body

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Since my name is now Ghirahilda, it will don't make sense for me to use a Rosalina avatar now...

I wish to have a Ghirahim head stuck in Rosalina's body.. like my avatar having Ghirahim's face in Zelda's body
I haven't forgotten that one image that Holder of the Heel posted over two years ago. It's just very creepy, and to be honest, I find it very disturbing to see Rosalina's face get messed up.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I haven't forgotten that one image that Holder of the Heel posted over two years ago. It's just very creepy, and to be honest, I find it very disturbing to see Rosalina's face get messed up.
So there has a Ghirahim and Rosalina mockup? I need to find it...

Edit:

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With my current avi I'll be just a little more disappointed if we don't get Cosmos Rosalina as an alt skin.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I wish to join this establishment.

Note my amazing Rosa avatar:O

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That one's been used awhile by someone else, but yeah. Pretty good.

Top Bottom