• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rootfest 8 Results (4/25/14 Kentwood, MI)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Singles 25 Entrants

1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon:
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy:
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox:
4: Jawsome :squirtle:
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2:
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox:
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:
7: BFlake :lucario:
9: Elf :zelda:
9: Tbird :falcon:
9: 2ez
9: Rh1thmz :falco:
13: root :sheilda:
13: Angry :peach:
13: Salvi :kirby2:
13: Ace :lucas:
17: Blu3
17: Haru
17: 100%
17: Deafy
17: DDDillon
17: Busta
17: Natu
25: DoubleDark
25: Anthrax

Doubles 8 Teams

1: Blake + Lordy ($56.00)
2: fZk + Benji ($16.00)
3: Artificial THUNDER ($8.00)
4: BFlake + Angry
5: Rh1thmz + Elf
5: Haru + Natu
7: Jawsome + root
7: Busta + DoubleDark

{event=full]927[/event]

rootfest 8 Project M Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$75.00
2nd
fZk
$37.50
3rd
Blake
$12.50
4th
Jawsome
5th
Zbet
7th
Artificial Flavour
7th
BFlake
9th
Tbird
9th
Elf
9th
Rh1thmz
9th
2ez
13th
Angry
13th
root
13th
Ace
13th
Salvi
17th
100%
17th
Deafy
17th
Blu3
17th
Haru
17th
Natu
17th
DDDillon
17th
Busta
24th
DoubleDark
24th
Anthrax

Last edited:

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
17th place!!! HELL YEAH! R.I.P. ANTHRAX!

ROOTfest8 Shoutouts!

1: Lordy - It was nice to meet you and congratulations on the 1st place finish!
2: fZk - It was nice to meet you and I think you have the best Diddy Kong in the West MI Smash Community
3: Blake - FU
4: Jawsome - Never got a chance to meet you
5: Benji - Never got a chance to meet you
5: Zbet - FU
7: Artifical Flavour - That was an intense LBR3 match even though I was JOHNing
7: BFlake - It was nice to meet you
9: Elf - Never got a chance to meet you
9: Tbird - I think you have the most hipster swag out of anyone at ROOTfest8 and your MM against Kirby was hilarious to hear and watch.
9: 2ez - It was nice to meet you
9: Rh1thmz - Never got a chance to meet you
13: root - Thanks for hosting the tournament and thanks for sending me to LB :p
13: Angry - I had fun chilling with you for awhile
13: Salvi - Never got a chance to meet you
13: Ace - FU
17: Blu3 - Never got a chance to meet you
17: Haru - Never got a chance to meet you
17: 100% - Never got a chance to meet you
17: Deafy - F ME
17: DDDillon - Never got a chance to meet you
17: Busta - Never got a chance to meet you
17: Natu - Never got a chance to meet you
25: DoubleDark - Never got a chance to meet you
25: Anthrax - FU

Last edited:

fZk

Smash Lord
West MI's Hella Free if they are letting Juan win money in singles.
Tom y u do dis? :(

Shout outs later, good time was had. I noticed that we had Byes outpacing players because 2 Byes faced in 1st round losers while actual players were playing. That should not be happening.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I noticed that we had Byes outpacing players because 2 Byes faced in 1st round losers while actual players were playing. That should not be happening.
I approved the bracket :denzel:

Edit:

SHOUTOUTS.

1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon:
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy: Yooo. Good **** Juan. Fun games in doubles. Too bad about second. You gotta carry the weight sometimes.
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox: You'll be back.
4: Jawsome :squirtle: PR Mike taking top 4 winning dat sweet money.
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2: It happens

I'm floating away sorry guys I will update l8r
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox:
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:
7: BFlake :lucario:
9: Elf :zelda:
9: Tbird :falcon:
9: 2ez
9: Rh1thmz :falco:
13: root :sheilda:
13: Angry :peach:
13: Salvi :kirby2:
13: Ace :lucas:
17: Blu3
17: Haru
17: 100%
17: Deafy
17: DDDillon
17: Busta
17: Natu
25: Anthrax

Last edited:

BFlake

Smash Rookie
7th! 7th!! YUSS I'm keeping up the practice I was B+Flake at rootfest but I'm gonna bring the AFlake next tourney!

Shoutouts:
1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon: Nice Stuff as always I didn't run into you somewhere in bracket for once. Played like a game before tourney and did ok but Bracket Lordy is fierce!
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy:Good games in doubles and thanks again for the advice that i forgot from last rootfest about using the fresh stock platform to take a breather. Want to hang out more!
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox: Didn't get any games this time around but always fun watching the spacy game almost straight from melee it's still legit. Clutch matches with lordy and fzk.
4: Jawsome :squirtle: What are you doing in 4th Mike? (Benji get bodied!) You also knocked me into losers so I'll shut my face. Give them the squirts! MM you when I get the chance.
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2: No Johns, great doubles games you and fzk really got it together after me and Angry knocked you to losers somehow! See you probably next week?
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox: Had fun with our one friendly outside of bracket Fox is whole different beast from Falco you and the other Kzoo dudes are strong want more games with you all.
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:Sorry our MM got interrupted by faulty wii jank. Don't have anyone who plays Luigi or Ivy that's any closer than you are. Gotta get that MU EXP
7: BFlake :lucario: PR BFlake? Above Tbird? in PM? But really do that practice people you will get better I only placed this well cause I did the work. GOING UP.
9: Elf :zelda: I don't think I met you or got a chance to play against you I hope to change that if you come out to more events!
9: Tbird :falcon:Keep workin that falcon KNEES FOREVER. I'm salty about my post tourney MM but you always body me. Let's take the tops by storm.
9: 2ez - I don't think I met you either wish there was time to play everyone! Catch you some other time
9: Rh1thmz :falco: Great games. Game 2 was way too close for comfort and if you didn't SD in game 3 I would've been scared cause you had the comeback momentum! Until next time!
13: root :sheilda: Monthly TO here we go didn't get any games in but thanks for hosting and sticking with it West MI got your back. MM any time.
13: Angry :peach: The synergy! We did some work in doubles, I didn't see you go but always glad to play more doubles and friendlies with you and your Peach
13: Salvi :kirby2:Another missed connection fml, hope you come around again.
13: Ace :lucas:Unfortunate SDs and stuff but keep working that Lucas and great music the night before mang. Also thanks for buying my Mcdongalds. See you around
17: Blu3 - Sheesh I was playing so many games I didn't get a chance to meet you and tons of others.
17: Haru - Glad you could stay the whole tourney this time and good matches sorry I couldn't free up for friendlies well. More chances later on
17: 100% - I'm really glad I didn't have to fight your lucas in bracket but I wanna get lots of friendlies with you when I can.
17: Deafy - Met you at the end of the tourney I'm looking forward to playing you and the others I missed!
17: DDDillon - Good Roy rep keep at it man there is a lot of character diversity already but even more won't hurt!
17: Busta - More missed peeps I'll play you sometime if you keep comin out.
17: Natu - You and Haru are hype to play against I want to friendly both you guys and help where I can.
25: DoubleDark - I'll be at a lot of events coming up I bet so if you are around I'll be glad to meet and play some PM
25: Anthrax - Last shout out likewise with all the other smashers I didn't get to play looking forward too iit! PM hype

Arcalyth

GLS | root
1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon: - congrats on another win, thanks for helping with bracket and making the results thread
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy:- hype 2nd place! really hype! your diddy is solid with only more room to grow. the potential is immense. i'm really looking forward to experiencing your new technology :p
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox: - surprised you didn't get first, but that just goes to show the growth of our region. congrats on another top 3, please come back any time :)
4: Jawsome :squirtle: - wish we MM'd. grats on 4th! moving up! i'm coming for you next time...
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2: - bring back taunt cancels lol
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox: - we should have MM'd :p kzoo still looking strong. good chillin with you as always bro
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:- you were tasting a little salty on Saturday... a new flavour to savour?
7: BFlake :lucario: - I absolutely demand a money match with you ASAP. $10 Bo5?
9: Elf :zelda: - Had no idea what to expect from you and you played a great set. I think you taught me a lot just in our one set so thanks for the GGs :) We definitely need to play again.
9: Tbird :falcon:- ThUNDAaaAAAAAAAAAA
9: 2ez - didn't play you, don't think we really talked much either. thanks for coming and supporting the scene! let's play some games next time
9: Rh1thmz :falco: - llollolololololol you da man breh
13: root :sheilda:- don't get cocky
13: Angry :peach: - MM next time?
13: Salvi :kirby2:- thanks for coming. don't you live near kentwood? we should play sometime
13: Ace :lucas:- good **** dude. let's get some games in next time but it was great chilling with you :)
17: Blu3 - RED6 vs Blu3 money match incoming. chet where you at?
17: Haru - thanks for coming and being hype as hell. your positive vibes and general attitude of THAT WAS ****ING AWESOME are appreciated and hilarious. ^__^
17: 100% - Where are you going now that GVSmash is over for the summer?
17: Deafy - good game, hope you got a lot of good games in. keep practicing!
17: DDDillon - GOODBYE FOREVERRRRRRR (until next time)
17: Busta - rhymes??
17: Natu - thanks for coming and being hype! good MMs!
25: DoubleDark - we didn't talk much but thank you for coming :)
25: Anthrax - and to you as well, thank you for coming!

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon: - congrats on another win, thanks for helping with bracket and making the results thread
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy:- hype 2nd place! really hype! your diddy is solid with only more room to grow. the potential is immense. i'm really looking forward to experiencing your new technology :p
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox: - surprised you didn't get first, but that just goes to show the growth of our region. congrats on another top 3, please come back any time :)
4: Jawsome :squirtle: - wish we MM'd. grats on 4th! moving up! i'm coming for you next time...
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2: - bring back taunt cancels lol
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox: - we should have MM'd :p kzoo still looking strong. good chillin with you as always bro
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:- you were tasting a little salty on Saturday... a new flavour to savour?
7: BFlake :lucario: - I absolutely demand a money match with you ASAP. $10 Bo5?
9: Elf :zelda: - Had no idea what to expect from you and you played a great set. I think you taught me a lot just in our one set so thanks for the GGs :) We definitely need to play again.
9: Tbird :falcon:- ThUNDAaaAAAAAAAAAA
9: 2ez - didn't play you, don't think we really talked much either. thanks for coming and supporting the scene! let's play some games next time
9: Rh1thmz :falco: - llollolololololol you da man breh
13: root :sheilda:- don't get cocky
13: Angry :peach: - MM next time?
13: Salvi :kirby2:- thanks for coming. don't you live near kentwood? we should play sometime
13: Ace :lucas:- good **** dude. let's get some games in next time but it was great chilling with you :)
17: Blu3 - RED6 vs Blu3 money match incoming. chet where you at?
17: Haru - thanks for coming and being hype as hell. your positive vibes and general attitude of THAT WAS ****ING AWESOME are appreciated and hilarious. ^__^
17: 100% - Where are you going now that GVSmash is over for the summer?
17: Deafy - good game, hope you got a lot of good games in. keep practicing!
17: DDDillon - GOODBYE FOREVERRRRRRR (until next time)
17: Busta - rhymes??
17: Natu - thanks for coming and being hype! good MMs!
25: DoubleDark - we didn't talk much but thank you for coming :)
25: Anthrax - and to you as well, thank you for coming!
Yeah I got a lot of good games in but I realized that my controller wasn't working properly which is why I'm going to purchase one from the SmashBoard's Store in May! When's the next ROOTfest?

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
sweet tourney, hype venue.
1: Lordy ($75.00) :ike:/:falcon:-ggs hype teaming i know ell meet again in bracket lol.
2: fZk ($37.50) :diddy:- yo first time weve ever even just played. good stuff taking 2nd and solid diddy.
3: Blake ($12.50) :fox:- WTF fox i pressed down b....lol
4: Jawsome :squirtle:- yo good seeing you and ggs. Intense set vs juan, i really didnt want to have to play the squirtle again.
5: Benji :fox:/:dk2:- ggs in teams, i want the crack at the DK again
5: Zbet :falco:/:fox:- fun riding up and after sesh.
7: Artifical Flavour :luigi2:- af hype. finally getting some of the much deserved street cred.
7: BFlake :lucario:- didnt play but watched you beat rhythyms. that lucario is definitely on the comeup
9: Elf :zelda:good stuff comming out to this, hopefully you had a good time. good stuff reppin zelda also haha
9: Tbird :falcon:- good seeing you and ggs in teams. ill probably see you at the next rootfest or lordyfest hopefully/.
9: Rh1thmz :falco:- good stuff finally making it out to a tourney. Come to a few more this summer lol
13: root :sheilda:- yo good seeing you man hype tourney. awesome venue.
13: Angry :peach:- good seeing you man. heard you had to play rhythyms in bracket, melee hype lol

13: Ace :lucas:- good seeing you man. ggs in tourney. keep that lucas ttraining up and youll be owning noobs in no time.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Isn't this the day of Manor?
I hope not or Juggleguy will be piiiisssed. haha. Serves me right for not making the thread yet though. I should really do that sooner rather than later >___<

**** mitten rootfest 9 so I don't have to remake a thread. needs the hype NOW

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Lordy, put this in the OP (fix the { to [): {event=full]927[/event]

rootfest 8 Project M Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lordy
$75.00
2nd
fZk
$37.50
3rd
Blake
$12.50
4th
Jawsome
5th
Zbet
7th
Artificial Flavour
7th
BFlake
9th
Tbird
9th
Elf
9th
Rh1thmz
9th
2ez
13th
Angry
13th
root
13th
Ace
13th
Salvi
17th
100%
17th
Deafy
17th
Blu3
17th
Haru
17th
Natu
17th
DDDillon
17th
Busta
24th
DoubleDark
24th
Anthrax

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
1: lordy
Good damn show as usual. Next time i hope to try my luck with singles against you
2: fZk
Great diddy dude. I seen alot of diddy videos but seeing it kick ass in frontt of you is different. keep it up man
3: Blake
showing true authentic fox skill strait from melee. hope ya come out some more
4: Jawsome
showing turtle power! hope we can get some friendlies next time.
7: Artifical Flavour - i didnt get to see your ivy. hope i do next time. ivy is one of my mains as well. your luigi is a boss. i hope i get another crack at him too.
7: BFlake
hahaha yeah i stayed wish we coulda pllayed more friendlies or even MM.
13: root
great tourney man. thanks for hosting again. always down to play some more too. maybe even win some money back hahaha
13: Angry you werent kidding about being good at doubles. good games man. i hope we can train some more together for the next event.
13: Salvi - damn good kirby man. i hope i can have ya over for some friendlies sometime
13: Ace -
i didnt get a match at ya this time but i watched a few. that lucas is hellbent on getting better. cant wait to see the progress
17: Busta -good warm up friendlies. please come back. id love to play ya again
17: Natu - trying to make it with roy. good luck brutha
good games. hope ya come again

Top Bottom