• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ron's Adventure [Wii U - 201?]

MasterF0x

Smash Rookie
As I stated in my welcome message, I develop Wii U games. I develop them alone, matter of fact. I can't afford programmers, music designers, artists, etc., so I do them all myself.

Here's a title I started back in August called "Ron's Adventure" and development is going pretty swell. I can't, once again, afford a development kit, so I have a person testing the game on the actual hardware.

In this thread, I will post screenshots, videos, info and more to keep you guys updated!

As of now, I have a small video of game play. (A small test level I made)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wat-QdnhHpk

MasterF0x

Smash Rookie
How did you get someone to test it on the actual hardware?
Like, do ya know someone with a dev kit?
Yes, I know someone with a dev kit. When you become a registered Nintendo dev, you're registered to an online community fourms full of other Nintendo devs. :D

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Yes, I know someone with a dev kit. When you become a registered Nintendo dev, you're registered to an online community fourms full of other Nintendo devs. :D
Damn sounds like yer livin the dream.
What programming language and engine did ya make this in?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Damn you're so young but you're already an expert at C++ and C!?!
I've been struggling to break away from using Gamemaker and its built in language.
But it's so tempting to go back when I see games like Nidhogg and Nuclear Throne getting published on steam and now the ps4 has gamemaker support.

So ya got a plan for what this games gonna be like when it's finished or are ya just makin it up as ya go along?

MasterF0x

Smash Rookie
Damn you're so young but you're already an expert at C++ and C!?!
I've been struggling to break away from using Gamemaker and its built in language.
But it's so tempting to go back when I see games like Nidhogg and Nuclear Throne getting published on steam and now the ps4 has gamemaker support.

So ya got a plan for what this games gonna be like when it's finished or are ya just makin it up as ya go along?
Both yes, and no. I have the story and plot down, but I still have to figure out the enemies and stuff like that.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
This actually seems cool.
So is it basically a platformer that has you defeating enemies by throwing bombs?

Top Bottom