• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

rollout question

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Okay, I know this might sound like a nub question, but it's something I've often thought about, but I've never asked before.

Why is it that sometimes after a rollout and you hit your opponent, you fly into the air and come back down (so basically there is a lot of lag)
and sometimes, but not as often, you hit your opponent and stay there. (no lag)

How can I replicate the times I don't have lag? This would help in a case where you rollout and hit your opponent near an edge and then die because you fall off.

This really isn't that crucial of a question for me, as using jigglypuff's rollout is nearly never appropriate...but I am curious.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I always thought the only way to cancel it is to get hit by something or if the stage is wierd

Binx

Smash Master
if you connect with a rollout while you are in the air you float up and then slowly back down. When your on the ground you barely pop up. Thats where it comes from, so if you are way off the edge and do it recovering for some reason, or if you use it on a platform.

At least I think thats what your asking.

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
ok king made a thread about this like 2 or 3 years ago so you can search if you want but if i remember correctly its only on stages that move or tilt so like on corneria the ship tilts a lil bit or something so thats why it happens there the most. there is a more detailed explanation if you just use the search

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
if you connect with a rollout while you are in the air you float up and then slowly back down. When your on the ground you barely pop up. Thats where it comes from, so if you are way off the edge and do it recovering for some reason, or if you use it on a platform.

At least I think thats what your asking.
No. This is what I'm asking. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=52144
(:19)

But I guess I found the answer. But the bummer is that there really isn't any way to control it.

Top Bottom