• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollout edgehog

melon

Smash Cadet
If you aren't already facing the ledge, one of the quickest ways to grab the ledge with Jiggs is to short hop off and do a reverse rollout. Now I know this can't be new, but I've never seen anybody do this, even though it's pretty easy to pull off. I made a quick video showing this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_jtT0zSBY

Is there any reason that this isn't more widely used? If the opponent is off-stage and about to recover, the rollout edgehog is faster than turning around, jumping, and grabbing the ledge.

Also, why does nobody sweetspot the ledge using rollout as a recovery option? For example, if you already have high damage and aren't worried about hitting the opponent offstage, trading a stock for damage, then it seems to be a pretty safe option. And most importantly, it looks flashy.

Thoughts?

Tekk

Smash Lord
Good idea, though using sing is the fastest way to ledgegrab in any situation.
Plus, your opponent might grab the ledge before you do, causing you to lose a stock (and that's the main con about using sing to ledgegrab as well).

As for using rollout as a recovery move, I'd say it's a bit too risky for what it's worth: Puff doesn't need to recover quicklier on the stage, since her airmobility is fast enough as it is.

And I wouldn't trade a stock for damage either, even if I'm at a high percentage. I'd rather try to land a rest: if you wanna "trade" one of your stocks, do it for nothing but one of your opponent's.

WIDL

We Are Born
Is it really the quickest? I tend to run towards the edge and do a no-jump sing or whatever it's called (since I figure it's not exactly new?) - which instantly grabs the ledge.

edit: oh look at me reading Tekk's post. lol

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I remembered doing this back in 2006. good ol days. I forgot about that lol.

Top Bottom