• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollout Edge Grab

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
You can also run off an edge and reverse rollout to instant edge grab. Foolishly dangerous & flashy, though - but that's why I like it.

In general, I think the two best edge hogs are simply waveland, or sliding a bair / nair.

PnoyRJay

Smash Rookie
Rofl I tried doing that, but I kept ending up under the ledge.
So I deemed it too dangerous and didn't bother to learn it.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
If you want something really dangerous to do, try to sweetspot a fully charged rollout from the magnifier in a match ^^

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Or as a mindgame, charge it like you're goin for the sweetspot, then fly over their head and land on the very far edge of the stage.

Rollout recoveries are dangerous and stupid, but also flashy, fun, and mindgamesy. fair trade IMO.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
thats the way I usually recover with jiggly because its faster.

I'll try to post a match of mine where I do it from magnifier(which isn't actually that hard).

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
ill show you guys a way to use this which i found useful and just fun to get good at....

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
thats the way I usually recover with jiggly because its faster.
I used to do it a lot more than I do now. The main problem is once you rollout, you're committed. With pound recovery, you can alter your approach angle halfway there. You can stall. You keep your options open.

Rollout and its all or nothing. Either you get back, or you die. And its not exactly hard to predict and punish terribly. All they have to do is jump out to stop you.

For me, NOBODY comes off the stage to kill Jigglypuff. I own that space between the edge and the killwall. And when someone can get into my space and kill me, that bothers me.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
pound recovery is soooo awesome. if a person comes after you, pound will just knock them backwards. if you do the rollour thing, they can just get in the way, get knocked back to the stage, and you die.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I used to do it a lot more than I do now. The main problem is once you rollout, you're committed. With pound recovery, you can alter your approach angle halfway there. You can stall. You keep your options open.

Rollout and its all or nothing. Either you get back, or you die. And its not exactly hard to predict and punish terribly. All they have to do is jump out to stop you.

For me, NOBODY comes off the stage to kill Jigglypuff. I own that space between the edge and the killwall. And when someone can get into my space and kill me, that bothers me.
pound recovery is soooo awesome. if a person comes after you, pound will just knock them backwards. if you do the rollour thing, they can just get in the way, get knocked back to the stage, and you die.
I agree with both of you. Its flashy and I hate to feel like I'm playing Luigi and someone jumps in front of my F+B and gimps me. Besides running off the edge and Singing is much better.

Aeth

Smash Cadet
i don't think so but I use it almost all the time if you know where to place the rollout than it will be handfull

Top Bottom