• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling/Dodging help?

MyNameisHobby

Smash Cadet
NNID
HobbyPlaysGames
Hi.

So, I just got Melee yesterday on Dolphin and I'm having trouble dodging. See, when I lightly tap the control stick, it doesn't dodge and stays in shielding. However, when I jam it with all my might, it dodges. Same goes for when I'm side stepping. I am using a Gamecube controller and I am using Mayflash to connect my controller to the PC.

Is there something I can do to improve my dodging in Melee? Or is there something wrong with the controller input or the controller even? It works fine on the Wii U when I play Sm4sh. Please help.

Thanks!

MKarma

Smash Cadet
That's pretty much how its supposed to be, lightly tilting the control stick is for moving around your shield. Just to make sure your controller is working properly make sure you use "wii u" mode on your mayflash adapter because this works best with dolphin. Use this guide https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin (it says official wii u adapter but it applies for mayflash adapters in wii u mode as well)

Top Bottom