• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rockland County Smashers

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Well as u guys can pretty much tell by the title this will be a smash finder of sorts. I'm looking for any and all players who play smash in the 845. To those who are familiar with Rockland i reside within spring valley, and am very willing and able to travel through out the county, as long as their are challengers/people to play. Also i am primarily a Project M player though, i amopen to the idea of playing melee. I'm just not very good at melee.

As for Rockland as a whole i will be Attempting to start a little scene here before im off to college and **** up the Connecticut scene. I want this to be a place where local tournaments can be posted as well as people trying to get some practice in.

When you come to the page please state:
Your Name:
Your GamerTag:
Which Game You play and your Mains:
Have you ever played in a tournament.:
And your General Location:

Rockland County Super Smash Brothers Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/313...4792/?comment_id=906128019403285&notif_t=like

Last edited:

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Well as u guys can pretty much tell by the title this will be a smash finder of sorts. I'm looking for any and all players who play project m in the 845. To those who are familiar with Rockland i reside within spring valley, and am very willing and able to travel through out the county, as long as their are challengers/people to play. Also open to the idea of playing melee I'm just not very good at melee.
I dunno if you knew about this already but here is a link to the facebook event for a melee/pm tournament called 'no johns' in nanuet tomorrow
https://www.facebook.com/events/491691740931568/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited:

$$$ammy

Smash Rookie
I'm from Nyack, I play pretty frequently with a couple friends. As Captain Smuckers said, No Johns is being held at the ToyWiz in Nanuet, which is also the site for the RoM series. I'm down to play though! I get back from school tomorrow, not sure what my summer schedules looking like at the moment though

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Nyack, I play pretty frequently with a couple friends. As Captain Smuckers said, No Johns is being held at the ToyWiz in Nanuet, which is also the site for the RoM series. I'm down to play though! I get back from school tomorrow, not sure what my summer schedules looking like at the moment though
I just got out of school as well. if your in town you should come to the event. im willing to come to nyack to play you and your friends though, pm me so we can set up a day or 2.

$$$ammy

Smash Rookie
I just got out of school as well. if your in town you should come to the event. im willing to come to nyack to play you and your friends though, pm me so we can set up a day or 2.
I unfortunately got back too late. This seriously happens every time. I was home for last month's No John but I had something to do that saturday. I'll try to make the next one I guess.

But yeah, definitely hit me up so we can play some time

shadowflame

Smash Rookie
Im trying to find people to play smash with in rockland, I'm from nyack too. Does anyone know why alukard only hosts the no johns once a month? And does anyone know of any tourneys or want to start any tourneys that are local that doesnt include a 2 hour drive to jersey or are more than once a month?

$$$ammy

Smash Rookie
Im trying to find people to play smash with in rockland, I'm from nyack too. Does anyone know why alukard only hosts the no johns once a month? And does anyone know of any tourneys or want to start any tourneys that are local that doesnt include a 2 hour drive to jersey or are more than once a month?
You're from Nyack? Did you go to NHS?

No John's is a monthly probably due to attendance and maybe availability of the venue. I haven't been to one yet, but Im guessing not enough people regularly show up to warrant a weekly tourney. I know that Toy Wiz has other events there too, maybe thats an issue as well.

shadowflame

Smash Rookie
I remember alukard saying I think last fall, it was too much of a hassle after he tried to do it every 2 weeks, but just look at the thread here, people are still interested. And it's summer now too, so everyones usually available. I feel like it just needs a little bit of advertising and it could take off. And anyway, yeah, I went to nyack highschool. Graduated in 2010. How about you?

Last edited:

$$$ammy

Smash Rookie
hmm, I'm not really certain on the tourney details so I cant say much, but itd be cool if it was more often. I went to NHS too, class of '11

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Im so down to play, pretty much anytime im not working. Actually today i will be having a couple of friends over to play a lil PM. You should definitely come. PM me

Chrispylol

Smash Rookie
Name: Chris
GamerTag: Chrispy
Melee: Marth > Falco > Fox/Yoshi
Project M: Zelda, Ivysaur & Melee mains
Tournament experience: not very much

We need more tournaments in Rockland.

DirtySellsword

Smash Rookie
Name: Justin
Tag: Dirty Sellsword
I mostly play PM. I main Ganon and MK, and I can competently play a large portion of the cast
Don't really play much Melee anymore, but I have a Falcon and Marth
I have a good amount of tourney experience. I frequent Hitbox Arena (during summer), Stony Brook Biweeklies (during college), and went to Apex 2014 and SKTAR 3.
I'm from Blauvelt.

Bow Knows

Smash Rookie
Name: Eric
Gamertag: Bow Knows
Melee: kinda learning ganon
Project M: Bowser, Ganon, Wario and others but they arent that good

Quazarquay

Smash Rookie
Your Name:Quazar
Your GamerTag: Quazar
Which Game You play and your Mains: 64-Ness, melee-Falco, and project m
Have you ever played in a tournament.: No
And your General Location: Stony Point

FrederickCrescent

Smash Rookie
Let's keep this thread alive!!

Your name: Randy Tekel
Gamertag: FrederickCrescent
Melee: Falco, Marth, Fox, The Doc.
Project M: Toon link, Lucas, Mario, Roy

I reside in Nanuet, frequently in New City.

ShortPat

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-0295-0543
Hey guys my name is Nelson and I live in Nyack. When I was in high school my friend group played a LOT of melee. Recently I've been practicing again and I really want to start playing competitively at tournaments. My mains are Sheik and Zelda, and I'm starting to work on Marth. I'm really most interested in Melee but I'm down to play some PM and even Brawl. Anyway, feel free to message me if you are in the area! I'm excited to have found a thread like this :D

xxdavis97

Smash Rookie
NNID
OutcastCarrot97
Well as u guys can pretty much tell by the title this will be a smash finder of sorts. I'm looking for any and all players who play smash in the 845. To those who are familiar with Rockland i reside within spring valley, and am very willing and able to travel through out the county, as long as their are challengers/people to play. Also i am primarily a Project M player though, i amopen to the idea of playing melee. I'm just not very good at melee.

As for Rockland as a whole i will be Attempting to start a little scene here before im off to college and **** up the Connecticut scene. I want this to be a place where local tournaments can be posted as well as people trying to get some practice in.

When you come to the page please state:
Your Name:
Your GamerTag:
Which Game You play and your Mains:
Have you ever played in a tournament.:
And your General Location:

Rockland County Super Smash Brothers Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/313...4792/?comment_id=906128019403285&notif_t=like
Name: Jared
Gamer tag: JD5
I've played project M for the past couple months but have been transitioning to melee and like it more
Mains: sheik > Marth
Location: Pomona/ Garnerville area.. Graduating North Rockland this year

Also I have no tournament experience however I would like to change that, it's mostly me and my friends having some fun

Last edited:

SteR ThA KiiD

Smash Cadet
NNID
SteRxThAxKiiD
Your Name: Lydell
Your GamerTag: SteR ThA KiiD
Which Game You play and your Mains: I play all smash games but take smash 4 the most serious and competitive. I main Ness and secondary Peach and Lucas
Have you ever played in a tournament.: Yes i go to hitbox arena almost every tuesday (you can search my tag on youtube and find my tourney sets)
And your General Location: West Haverstraw

Top Bottom