• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock You Like A Hurricane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Who here thinks that Sonic's moveset could benefit from some of his air-based techniques?

No idea what I'm talking about? It's been seen in many games (Sonic Rush, Sonic Battle, ect.) that Sonic uses large disturbances in air pressure in battle, mostly generated with kinetic energy. (In layman's terms, by moving around real mast.) A pressure difference can be anything from a sound wave to a cyclone (In fact, from a certain standpoint, wind and sound are pretty similar, but that's another topic.).

Just some of the ways he's used pressure differences so far. . .
As a finishing move when he showed up as a boss in Sonic Rush.
A projectile shockwave in Sonic Battle.
Numerous variations on the theme of Sonic Boom from numerous games.
Some kind of projectile cyclone in Sonic Adventure 2 (Again, when he showed up as a boss. I think this move showed up in Sonic Next-gen as well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.)
And many more. . .

Normally, I wouldn't try and speculate moveset stuff on a character that's already been seen in a demo. But Sakurai alluded to some possible continued work on Sonic.
The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.
Of course, knowing that this is Sakurai, that could mean practically anything.

Anyway, this is just my way of saying that I wanna see pressure differences in Brawl.
And while we're at it, here's hoping they do something about the windup punch.:urg:

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I see what you're talking about, sort of...

The first time he did that was in Sonic 3, where he could create a temporary (as in near instantaneous) force shield around himself while jumping...

If you're talking about the Sonic Wind from SA2 Battle, i doubt it... It was only in there to give each character a projectile attack in multiplayer mode...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Like you said, there's really no point in talking about a new moveset for a character who already has on. There's even less reason to make a new thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom