• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROCK SMASH! (Aid) Nov 3rd Results

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
First off, thank you so much for coming. It was for a good cause, and we raised $80.00 for The American Red Cross. Official results:

1: Swift
2: ZigZag
3: Wesley
4: XYT
5: PockyD
5: Anon
7: Impp
7: 9Volt
9: Hex
9: Dac
9: FRO
9: Zappdos
13: Alex
13: Iron Jawbone
13: Bowz
13: Switchblade

Shoutouts!

Switch-Sorry, I had to play you first round. Thanks soooo much for driving me home. GG

Wesley-Your Falco sucks. =P GG

Fro-The Peach ditto coulda went either way. GG

PockyD-That double blind mind-gamed me. No johns tho, GG.

ZigZag-I'm not going to lie, you have the best Pikachu I have ever seen.

Dac-Sorry I didnt come back to the A-part. I was kinda tired, and I needed to get home.

Sheik/XYT-I didn't play you all day, T_T. You're **** good at that arrow stomping game,tho. Good ****.

Bowz-Dude, I finally pronounced your name right on the first try when we were in the car on the way home. Sorry, I'm a tard.

I really can't thank Hex/Royboy enough for taping matches. I thought about it, and I don't think you should put music over any of it. Some really funny stuff happened.

I also really want to thank Wesley for helping me with bracket seeding. the way I was thinking of doing it was ********. Thanks ^_^ One question about it tho, say we had 17 people. Would everyone get a first round bye except for the only 5th place person+another last place oerson?

Again, thank you all so much for coming. I will keep you all posted when I have another one of these. Maybe we can expand and get some of Philly to come. I will be sure not to schedule it on the same day as whatever went on around Philly today. Also, maybe El Komo's girl will let him go next time XD.

Thanks!

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yeah. Next time, man up and play teams! 20 people, 16 entered singles, and there were 3 registered teams....wtf!?

xyt

Smash Lord
@Swift LOL for shouting at Wes during loser's finals XD
@Wesley one day sir.... i will beat you.. =_=)...
@PockyD i don't see you in tourny anymore = /
@Anon YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5th ~~!! Good job young'n : D hehe
@Zig-Zag most impressive pikachu !
@Na!l Good job running the tourny : D !
@Impp Tight tourny match and MM ~!

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Thanks for hosting the tournament, 9volt, it really was worth coming out for. Despite my complete and utter botching of the tournament itself (*sob*) I had a lot of fun with friendlies. Since everyone else is shouting to everyone else, I might as well do the same.

(Iron Jawbone's Shoutouts)

~~9volt- I just realized, I didn't get to play you at all this time. Oh well, I will next time if I get the chance to stop by. Oh, props on being a very polite host, it definitely makes me wanna come back.
~~ZigZag-It was a real blast playing with you. The Bowser matches were fun, but I'm sorry my game went from rockin' to suckin'. Which reminds me, I want a rematch for Ness, because those matches were freakin' nuts.
~~Swift- Sorry I got grumpy after our match. I don't mind losing, but getting stomped gets me down. Course, I probably shouldn't have picked Jiggly the second time. ^_^ No hard feelings.
~~Dac- Sorry about the crappy Bowser vs. Samus match. My game with him died while I was matching Zig. It's also nice to see that I'm not the only person with a loud sense of humor, and I would like to play you again. I'm still interested in that Pichu money match, btw.

Well, I hope you guys found me to be entertaining enough to come on back out. Good game to everyone!

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm sorry that I didn't get to play a lot of people. I WILL have another one, I promise you that. Also, I forgot to shout out to Anon.

Anon-That 4stock hurt my insides, Good ****

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Thank you SO much for hosting a tourny anywhere near me. Im glad I got to meet a handfull of the PA guys, though am sad I didnt get to meet mow. Hopefully next time.

Swift- man, I beat you in friendlies, I beat you pools, but then you finally got my number and beat me in five. I probably shouldnt have stayed pika the whole time...good work on playing super smart, and I wont let you get away next time ;) Good work

Hopefully those completely stupid ridiculous matches get put up soon!

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Zig - your pikachu is a *****! Good **** joe.

Zappdos - Because of Pocky, I'll forever pronounce both Ps in that name. That match on Japes was ridiculous XD ; I want a rematch sometime, I know I can do better than that:chuckle:

xyt - Amazing DDR. That is all.

Good stuff everyone, good times.

D

Deleted member

zig i'll be home a couple weeks before christmas, let's play then.

pockyD

Smash Legend
who did i put down?

seriously, you just kind of always say stupid things then try to laugh it off and it gets pretty old

A-Laon

Smash Master
i wasn't the one who started it, "moron"
Yes, I'm sure. Renth's casual comment was so horribly offensive that you were surely just fulfilling your rightful duty by critizing his judgement, in spite of the fact that such an argument "doesn't belong here."

Give your ego a rest for once. Nobody wants to hear you.

A-Laon

Smash Master
the irony is delicious
Yes, that's a cute jab, but it doesn't address my reasoning as to why you were wrong to criticize Renth, which is the conflict afterall.

Perhaps you'd like to try that rather than hide your lack of standing behind some dodging comment?

Renth

Smash Hero
I really don't care if kevin approves of my posting or not if he doesn't like it he can get over it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
like i said, i'm not going to convince you otherwise, so i'm not going to bother arguing this one (in a more friendly tone - "i admire your conviction" is approximately what i'm saying, but i certainly don't agree with what you believe)

and i'm not going to respond to the 12 year old troll anymore

A-Laon

Smash Master
like i said, i'm not going to convince you otherwise, so i'm not going to bother arguing this one (in a more friendly tone - "i admire your conviction" is approximately what i'm saying, but i certainly don't agree with what you believe)

and i'm not going to respond to the 12 year old troll anymore
Which still failed to address anything; sounded good though.

Nobody else attacked Renth for his comment and incited pointless drama; the only one to bother was you, hence the only drama here came from you feeling the need to assert your personal convictions where they weren't needed nor desired.

If you don't want arguments where they don't belong, perhaps you should actually not argue about it and instead take a look at your own contribution to the problem.

tansurn

Smash Rookie
I was thinking about coming out to this, but I couldn't afford the gas to get there. Any plans for another one?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yes, at the least, there will be one the weekend before brawl comes out. But I would like to have one or two more in before that. Everyone should stay subscribed to this, because I will more than likely post it in here. I will also probably PM everyone in the tourney too.

EDIT: How do you guys feel about the 1st of December?

D

Deleted member

this is a forum, it doesn't care if you post drama or not. just refrain from being a douche.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yo guys. I hope you all had fun at the tourney. If you still haven't figured it out, I'm Dac. (I promise this isn't 9-volt this time.) Anyway, I thought the tournament went great, and 9-volt did a fantastic job running it. We were talking last night, and we were thinking that we could make this a monthly, since we liked the results so much.

I'm all for it. It'll be basically the same thing (with a few upgrades), and it'll stick to the Saturday schedule. More than likely, it'll end up being a first-Saturday-of-the-month deal, but obviously that could change.

But speaking of feedback, was there anything that was particularly good or bad about the tourney? Anything you'd like to change? Just post it here.

Other than that, the big discussion is whether or not to make this a monthly. What are your thoughts?

~Dac

(PS: 9-volt, you really did do a great job with the tourney. Epic win, my friend.)

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
it would have to change in January, because we're still on Xmas break.

Mogwai2

Smash Rookie
This is Wesley, I finally decided to get a forum name.

Good **** on the tourney, Volt, I had a lot of fun. Zig, your Pika's rediculous, I need to see those vids of you comboing my sorry *** all over the place...

Speaking of which, when will the Vids be up?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Royboy told me that he had a problem with his Camera->Cpu cable, or something. He told me after he got a new one that he would get them done.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
The problem with playing mow during his break is that I'll be on break too, which means I'll be back in st.louis :(

We'll figure it out though, I hope

And I hope the videos come soon...those must have looked as nuts as they felt to be in them

xyt

Smash Lord
The problem with playing mow during his break is that I'll be on break too, which means I'll be back in st.louis :(

We'll figure it out though, I hope

And I hope the videos come soon...those must have looked as nuts as they felt to be in them
i think i'm the only pgh guy to not have dropped a set to you in tourny @_@)...
perhaps i'll be luckier next time and actually get to play you ^^*!!

Top Bottom