• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock, Paper, Scissors?

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
with all the 3 types you think they may be weak to each other? because it got me thinking what if they were based some what on the concept of the rock paper scissors thing. I see sword being scissor for obvious reasons, brawler being rock and gunner being paper. do you agree with my little theory? its all just a small speculation on this

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
with all the 3 types you think they may be weak to each other? because it got me thinking what if they were based some what on the concept of the rock paper scissors thing. I see sword being scissor for obvious reasons, brawler being rock and gunner being paper. do you agree with my little theory? its all just a small speculation on this
yes

edit: I'm am quite certain that they meant for it to be that way, but I doubt that the advantages will be very extreme

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I think that's why regginator beat mr Iwata lol buts just speculation

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Would be a cool idea conceptionally, but I doubt that it would work in a game like Smash bros where skill prevails over power, maybe in a game like Pokemon that would work, but I doubt that this is the case

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Would be a cool idea conceptionally, but I doubt that it would work in a game like Smash bros where skill prevails over power, maybe in a game like Pokemon that would work, but I doubt that this is the case
ya true but I am still going to think of it like that way

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Still, sakurai himself has stated that part of character balancing is really about making sure each character has ones he is better and worse againset

Top Bottom