• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors strats?

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
I'm wondering if there are any known strategies for RPS. The main reason I want this is so I can always win port priority and bans also it's a good life tech to be good at RPS. Discuss strats

SilentBob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SgtFirestarter
3DS FC
1435-4126-3817
There are tons of strategies for rock paper scissors and all of them depend on how often the other player plays the game. Just to name some:

1. Too many people go with rock first.
2. The people who catch on that a lot of people go with rock first will go with paper.
3. Most people will play the move that beat them in the last round. So lets say you play rock and the other plays scissors, next round he'll probably play rock.
4. Someone who throws out the same move twice probably won't do it a third time. Could also be a bluff.

The safest move is to play scissors first. But did I just say most people go with rock? Yes. It's the best way to judge if the player isn't thinking the game through. If you both play scissors then will he think I'll play rock to beat scissors so I need to pull out scissors again to beat his paper or will he know I'm going to do this so pull out paper to beat rock?

In the end, RPS is a pretty good mindgame and it gets easier to beat people when you know that person's patterns.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I find that prayer is the only answer.

Top Bottom