• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin's Recovery

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help on how to mixup recovering with Robin. Elwind is so abusable and I really have a hard time against anyone tryna edgeguard me because of how linear the move is.

Glory Blaze

Smash Cadet
NNID
GloryBlaze37
I like to recover high with Elwind - a lot of opponents will be looking for a stage spike or ledge trump, so recovering high can lead to an easy 10% if you save your jump - jump over them as they drop off the stage, then drop Elwind on their heads. If you're close enough, you can even get the Elwind spike.

Later in the game, once the opponent is accustomed to your antics, snapping to the ledge without being harassed becomes much more feasible

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Glory said it best, imo. If you find yourself trying to defend yourself against air attackers or someone trying to jump up toward you for a combo Elwind usually disorients them and makes them miss the opportunity. However, NEVER abuse it. Imo, that against opponents with a brain, they will learn to not follow you when you're flung in the air and focus on Robin's greater weaknesses as you fall helplessly back down.

Be wary of ledge trumpers though if the stage edge has a wall.

Last edited:

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Well what I meant by abusable, is that the enemy has an easy time hitting Robin out of it. Back airing her into the stage, spiking her, or just simply knocking her away when she tries to come back. I'll try to see how I do trying to recover high like that.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Don't be afraid to mix things up based on the opportunity. If the opponent is waiting for you at the ledge, ready to ledge trump you(BAir you just as you reach it), try a Nair to throw them off or an Arcfire/Arcthunder towards the ledge or to provide some distant defense.

Last edited:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the MU, some characters like Falcon and Rosa have an easier time 'abusing' Elwind as you say. For other characters, when you're trying to get back, Robin's Fair covers enough space that it can be hard to get around. It's not an option you always want to do, but it can make attempts to kill Robin offstage harder - especially if you change the timing up a bit. Outside of that, coming back at different heights or positioning can also make it difficult for an opponent to hit Robin.

Top Bottom