• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robins, please stop camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Robin is inherently a defensive character. Our approach tools are limited (in more than one way) and we're at our best when our tools are available to us and allow us to control the board and force our opponents to make mistakes. The edge happens to be an advantageous position for Robin to do a lot of things.

If there's a Robin that's spamming dodge-rolls, read the dodge and punish with a grab. If they're walling you out with Arcfires or Thunders, waste their tomes and approach while they're vulnerable. I've been guilty of a few of these things and have been duly punished for it often. There's no great answer that Robin has to strong and fast pressure (especially with our awful shield grab), hence why Little Mac and Sheik are such problem match-ups. If you're playing Pit, you can probably just Upperarm Dash through most of Robin's projectiles, as well.

The best advice that I can give is to get better and force that Robin player to get better. If they're just constantly dodgerolling it and not trying to build stage control, they're not really playing the character optimally. :shrug:
Defensive doesn't exactly mean " Running around and not attacking, which happens a lot

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The cancer of this community, everyone.
Don't be mad that I'm using in-game mechanics to win, get better and beat it.
I bet you cry about Morrigan fireballs too and timer scams against Zangief, don't you?

Thats really not how you go about fighing in a fighting game.
Please name me a fighting game where there isn't at least one campy character who's main strategy ISN'T to run away and throw projectiles.
I'll wait.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So...... is there a real productive purpose to this thread, or is it just a venting thread about how campers gonna camp?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
While hilarious and I love it, I had to edit it out since the video censor dodges.

Only a verbal warning though, as I know it wasn't done maliciously.
Nah, it's fine. Am I to put in a spoiler with a warning?

Loki

Smash Apprentice
I dont think Robin cant get "up close and personal" against other characters, however he does need momentum and a clear reason to do so. I am not afraid to slap my opponents in the face when I see the chance to do so, and I sure take my chances to gimp people once they are out of the platform with a nasty USair or FSair, heck, even a Nair.

However dont ask people to get intimate with the likes of Lil Mac, bowser and even way quicker characters than him. We might as well comit SD. Robin needs room to do her stuff, charge tomes, zone arc-fires and get cozy to try some LevinSword aerials.

And also, please dont come here telling us how to play... for startes you are generalizing EVERYONE plays the same way and from that alone you are already paying it with the kind of respnses you get. As said, Robin is a zoning character with the perfect tools to do so, dont ask us to adjust our strategies for you. Anyways, everyone has their own play style, so most likely you have been just terribly unlucky as to get the same kind of robin all over again and again.

Who knows... the moment you find a Robin that gives you what you want you might actually regret it. Robin can be quite a force to be reckoned with when given his preffered spacing. I sure am.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Robin is inherently a defensive character. Our approach tools are limited (in more than one way) and we're at our best when our tools are available to us and allow us to control the board and force our opponents to make mistakes. The edge happens to be an advantageous position for Robin to do a lot of things.

If there's a Robin that's spamming dodge-rolls, read the dodge and punish with a grab. If they're walling you out with Arcfires or Thunders, waste their tomes and approach while they're vulnerable. I've been guilty of a few of these things and have been duly punished for it often. There's no great answer that Robin has to strong and fast pressure (especially with our awful shield grab), hence why Little Mac and Sheik are such problem match-ups. If you're playing Pit, you can probably just Upperarm Dash through most of Robin's projectiles, as well.

The best advice that I can give is to get better and force that Robin player to get better. If they're just constantly dodgerolling it and not trying to build stage control, they're not really playing the character optimally. :shrug:
Pretty much this thread summed up nicely. Also, everyone disagreeing with one or the other opinion is automaticaly stupid... which means we're all equivalent stupid.
I like the word stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom