• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Waveland?

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hey. I never post on the boards but I love you all <3

Wanted to bring up something that happened to be in tournament while I was reviewing tournament footage.
Apparently I did some sort of waveland with Robin here:

https://youtu.be/bZxmIaD5ctU?t=256

Or alternatively watch Robin at 4:15

My brother also did something somewhat similar after ledgehopping a uair:

And this also seems extremely similar to this video:

Anyone feel like helping out? I don't know if this is a general tech or if it's something specific with Robin. I think Marth/Lucy can do the same thing (as shown in the earlier video)

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
It's nothing that amazing if I'm correct in saying that what we're seeing here is either a normal landing from jumping back on the ledge, or something similar to platform-canceling. I'm pretty sure that with the right spacing and timing, all characters can get up from the ledge like that. I'm not sure that it has a name. Needless to say, there is nothing "wave" in this game because it lacks Melee's directional air dodge. It could be useful. Might take more time to learn than it is useful though.

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
Looks interesting...it looks like a perfectly spaced double jump in all of the cases though (although your example looks especially smooth for some reason). I like it, could definitely be an interesting mix-up from the standard ledge options if execution can become muscle memory. Although it might be more useful for characters who always auto-cancel their aerials like Mario.

Top Bottom