• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Samus Mu help

ColleenEkat

Smash Rookie
I've been playing the robin and Samus Mu for over a year with my friend, and I have a few questions about the match up still.

From the Samus aspect

Approaching

Im trying to figure out the best option to get in. If I run in and try to grab / dash attack that never really end up too well since I get constant pressure or Samus runs in and grabs or attacks while I try and shield her pressure from missiles/charge shots. Jumping over and behind sometimes works, and I can land a back air, or even better an up air but im being countered with that option with Samus's up B. Not sure really if I should try more mix up's or a different way to get around and over to Samus.

Pressure

Platforms

Samus cant keep pressure up just as well as robin can with up airs to up b. Waiting it out is hard and eats up alot of shield damage. What is the best option for landing and getting around Samus's pressure on platforms?

Down throw / up air

Im not sure but what ways can I escape being hit from samus's down throw? As well as How can I Di out of the up air's if possible or just get around them better.

From the Robin Aspect

Down throw guarantees

Recently when I have been playing Samus (as robin) I try to get down throw to jab follow up at low percents and some how Samus jumps out and escapes, and later on can air doge out of my up air throw when I try it from higher percents that would normally kill. Whats guaranteed and am i just being slow on reaction?

Pressure on ledge

Being a robin main, I really hate when people know how to get around arc fire. Samus bomb stalls, or grapples and waits. She also sits on the ledge when I cast arc fire and drops down sometimes and grabs back on to avoid teh fire, then eneters with either a fair or a Zair to get back to the stage. Is the best option being patient and keep throwing out moves while spacing, or trying to wait till she is on the ledge and trumping?

Pressure/Roll Punish

Just in what ways are some of the best to pressure Samus? Considering we both can lay back and camp it makes things tricky. I normally have to go in and I keep getting grabbed or attacked and using arc fire is too slow and punishable when Samus rolls. Also how can I space things to catch rolls better? I try to throw out an arc fire and then short hop up air to the stage and that seems to work sometimes

Stages/tips over all

Just where should I take Samus and have the best advantage? As well as if anyone has tips for the MU that would really help

Thanks for reading X3

Gijsbeer

Smash Cadet
Approaching

idk man, robin doesnt have the best approach tools. I guess slowly aproaching with walk and pushing samus to the edge wouldbe the best option even tho it sint necasarrily pro active.

Pressure

Platforms

If your stuck in shield on a platform try to jump away. No move is gonna beat a sharking uair. if samus is coming in from diagonally instead of straight below levin forward should have a decnt chance. But overall id recommend retreating to the ledge

Down throw / up air

Always di samus dthrow down and way, although she does have some mix ups if she notices you always go for this

From the Robin Aspect

Down throw guarantees

Samus is a unique ombination of super floatyness and heavy weight. Try to go for meaty hits outof dthrow instead of jabs. Although it might be more reliable now since samus gravity was increased in 1.1.5

Pressure on ledge
What can I say samus has a lot of options on the ledge. if tether to avoid arc fire becomes a habit, remember that the invincibility doesnt started until the tether is full relled in, this leaves her vulnerable to stage spiking.

If Fair onstage becomes a habit remember that it is pnishable on shield, bait n roll back to thoron or something should work to against fair onstage

Pressure/Roll Punish
Most chars can punish rolls on reaction, even though robin is super slow in terms of dashing he should still be able to do it, so just be prepared to react to the morph ball aninmation when your poking dat shield, spaced tilts are generally safe on smaus shield since our grab is excrutiatingly slow, leaving the screwattack as our only decent OoS option.

Stages/tips over all

Dont go to battlefield or FD. Samus loves loves loves Battlefield and FD makes the (dash)speed difference a little to much of a big deal in this MU. Id say town and city for levin hoohah's when it's still comboable, dreamland for smae reason although samus kinda likes these platforms too. Id say both of our characters hate lylat

hope this helps a bit

Top Bottom