• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Combos

AUS

Smash Cadet
At least right now in Smash 4 I am maining ZSS due to her great combos off of stun and down throw. However after seeing Nairo and other people play Robin I wanted to pick up Robin as a secondary for quite some time, but my only problem is she is just way too slow to me and from what I've seen her hits are usually off of B moves and the occasional Arial quick aerial or tilt. But one thing I haven't been finding is long extended combos which I personally love in a character, but I find Robin is made up of quick one hits due to how slow she/he is. So could anyone tell me if she/he has some good combos that can be used with her? Thank you!

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Robin doesn't have combos, really. They're mostly strings and she/he doesn't have much. Arc Fire to a Fair works, so does Arc Thunder to a grab and follow up with some aerials depending on what throw you use.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Robin doesn't have combos, really. They're mostly strings and she/he doesn't have much. Arc Fire to a Fair works, so does Arc Thunder to a grab and follow up with some aerials depending on what throw you use.
Ya thats what I thought, just wanted to check in case I was missing some huge stuff but from all Robin Matchs I've seen there hasn't been much. (Note I'm not saying Robin is bad in slightest, just wanted to see if anyone knew some combos with him/her.)

Last edited:

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
Arc thunder and Arc fire into up air is the only combos Robin has and needs. They both kill around 100 percent so I'm just content with those two.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
Arc thunder and Arc fire into up air is the only combos Robin has and needs. They both kill around 100 percent so I'm just content with those two.
What happens when your opponent shuts down your arcfire? Previously said, Robin mostly relies on single hits or the occasional string to rack up damage. The fire jab is very slept on and should be used often for it is safe and has good knockback. Down throw to upair gets really predictable really fast, so I avoid using that too much. On the occasion where Arcfire is effective, go to town. Arcfire to fair or upair works great. You can also follow up fairs with more fairs! Down tilt to short hop fair also works at low percentages.

Last edited:

Silverfox117

Smash Apprentice
What happens when your opponent shuts down your arcfire? Previously said, Robin mostly relies on single hits or the occasional string to rack up damage. The fire jab is very slept on and should be used often for it is safe and has good knockback. Down throw to upair gets really predictable really fast, so I avoid using that too much. On the occasion where Arcfire is effective, go to town. Arcfire to fair or upair works great. You can also follow up fairs with more fairs! Down tilt to short hop fair also works at low percentages.
If Robin gets in a match where she can't Arcfire ever, then you are not going to do well at all. Robin NEEDS Arcfire in like every single of her match ups. Its her bread and butter, its like playing falcon without grabbing it just won't work. What I can say is you have to make Arcfire work.

fair into upair works at low percentages too. A good combo is Arcfire > fair > le-upair. After this you can fast fall and predict where they land into Arcfire U-air. This does a lot of damage really fast and your opponent might not see this coming at all.

Also didn't know about down tilt to fair works. You sure its a true combo tho, I mean have you tested it.

Also down throw is not a combo into anything ever.

Also fire jab is best jab, and can kill people early if they DI backwards trying to escape the jab which is nice, but don't sleep on wind jab either. It has its uses(just not a lot).

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
If Robin gets in a match where she can't Arcfire ever, then you are not going to do well at all. Robin NEEDS Arcfire in like every single of her match ups. Its her bread and butter, its like playing falcon without grabbing it just won't work. What I can say is you have to make Arcfire work.

fair into upair works at low percentages too. A good combo is Arcfire > fair > le-upair. After this you can fast fall and predict where they land into Arcfire U-air. This does a lot of damage really fast and your opponent might not see this coming at all.

Also didn't know about down tilt to fair works. You sure its a true combo tho, I mean have you tested it.

Also down throw is not a combo into anything ever.

Also fire jab is best jab, and can kill people early if they DI backwards trying to escape the jab which is nice, but don't sleep on wind jab either. It has its uses(just not a lot).
Dtilt into fair is not a combo. I always try to make arcfire a part of my game, but in same games I have played against perfect foxes who could evade or reflect almost every arcfire. I did not go well for me. Arcfire > fair > fair works a lot more for me than ending with an upair.

frobo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
fr0br0
Not sure if this has been said already, but Arcfire and Arcthunder goes into each other pretty well. But it's somewhat hard to pull off. First, charge up to Arcthunder, but don't release it. Then jump towards your opponent and use Arcfire in midair at the same time. Make sure it hits, then jump and get very close to your opponent. Like really close. Right in front of your opponent. There should be no distance between the two of you. That close. As soon as you do that, cast Arcthunder. In midair of course!

frobo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
fr0br0
Now I've discovered how to land it more often! You just have to be above your opponent when the Arcfire dies out. Everytime I do so, it works! In case anyone asks what this combo is called, say it's "The Double-Arc"!

Top Bottom