• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob

Trauma1

Smash Rookie
As the title states. How do we deal with ROB?

I was playing with buddies tonight and a guy mained ROB and he seemed to give everyone trouble but most importantly he was giving me trouble.

How do we deal with him and what things do I need to be cautious about around him?

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
First of all, try not to be in a position where you are offstage(Like trying to recover via PK Thunder) vs ROB. That is BAD.

Two, if ROB is in the air or off stage, spam that PK Thunder. ROB can not deal with PK Thunder at all besides getting lucky airdodge and once he commits to using Up B, he won't be able to Air dodge. True, he is able to nair the PK Thunder, but if you use the tail, he will take damage instead and then you can loop the PK Thunder to him. Use Fair and Nair and Uair for spacing and to beat out ROB's aerials.

Last but not least, if you get hold of the Gyro, ROB can't really zone because you can heal from the lasers, so you will force ROB to approach you, which is what you want to happen in this Match Up.

Very basic knowledge and i could go so much more in depth, I hope I help though.

Last edited:

Trauma1

Smash Rookie
Yep it helps out a bit. He was just giving me some trouble, namely he would throw the gyro and follow that up with his laser which I got into the habit of using my PSI Magnet on to try and heal up a bit and negate that laser.

The issue there is PSI Magnet is somewhat laggy to go away so once you get that big beacon that is the PSI Magnet they can rush in and try to punish it if you're too close. So that's something that I was keeping an eye out for whenever that laser come out. The real trick is to actually get the magnet out fast enough when they mind game the laser to try and catch you with it.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Yep it helps out a bit. He was just giving me some trouble, namely he would throw the gyro and follow that up with his laser which I got into the habit of using my PSI Magnet on to try and heal up a bit and negate that laser.

The issue there is PSI Magnet is somewhat laggy to go away so once you get that big beacon that is the PSI Magnet they can rush in and try to punish it if you're too close. So that's something that I was keeping an eye out for whenever that laser come out. The real trick is to actually get the magnet out fast enough when they mind game the laser to try and catch you with it.

Like i Said, you WANT ROB to approach you. Magnet is actually fairly lagless now because of the buff, so you can use it frequently to hopefully get the healing. If ROB gets close, just use Nair for that damage or whatever punish move depending on the situation.

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice

Don't forget to magnet cancel! In the first few frames of an absorption you can roll, dodge, or jump to immediately cancel any ending lag associated with using the magnet. There's no reason to ever not do it.

Asa

Smash Hero
Pkt/ uair are good for juggles
Dthrow uair is robs primary kill setup, so don't get grabbed around kill oercents (90ish). Also they will try to bait an airdodge before uair ing if it's not confirmed , so be aware of that as well and just get out of uair range.

For gyro: powershield all gyro attempts. if you grab hold of it, tossing it up in the air is a good idea since it floats in the air for a while.

For laser: bat / magnet are good.. Learn his habits when he goes for it.

For recovery: rob isn't particularly good at edge guarding bess. Do be careful about when you double jump tho, don't wanna get hit by a fair. Be wary of a dair as you get up from the ledge.

For stages: rob mainly kills vertically, so I'd avoid low ceiling stages like halberd or dreamland. All of the starters are good for you

Uffe

Smash Hero
You can harass him when he's off stage, or you can go off and fair/nair him to push him further away. Robot should fly high and not low when he's off stage, because his up B is limited and leaves him open.

Top Bottom