• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Official Match-up Discussion: Jigglypuff

TheMike

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff

:jigglypuff:

Two weeks past from the last two Match-ups discussions and finally we'll finish the discussions because it's missing only Jiggly and Pokemon Trainer. This particular thread is for Jigglypuff.

So... Discuss!

If someone wants to follow a match-up discussion structure, he it is:

ROB's Advantages:

ROB's Disadvantages:

Opponent's Advantages:

Opponent's Disadvantages:

What ROB should try to do:

How opponent can stop it:

What Opponent should be trying to do:

How ROB can stop it:

Counterpicks (what ROB should pick/ What opponent will pick {If you're someone contributing from another board})
Bans (what ROB should ban 1 via stage strike, 1 via personal ban)
Preferred Neutral (what ROB wants/ What opponent wants {If you're someone contributing from another board})

Ratio:

Plus, any anecdotes/explanations you wanna give.

TheMike

Smash Lord
All right, against Jigglypuff... camp, camp, camp and camp some more. Also, camp. Seriously, camping is the best way IMO

Being close to her isn't a good idea, she has some nice combos with Fairs, SH Bair > Uair and might also get a Dair to Rest in us because of our size. Besides, we can't gimp her at all. So, i find no reasons to fight close to her. However, u'll have to approach at some time of the match. It's called Time to Kill.

Jiggly is light, i don't find some serious problems to kill her. Fsmash, Bair and Nair are good options. But to get kills, u'll need to approach, as i said, and i don't see much problems when approaching, either. We can Dash > Shield and then Ftilt OoS if she attacks us.

I would give 55:45 ROB only because we can't gimp and we can get ***** by a rest, but it only works when jiggly approaches correclty, which isn't easy because we can camp well. None gimping possibilities is the reason of not much advantage, but i can fix my opinion in 60:40 because of jiggly's weight.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
jiggly doesn't have any kill moves other than rest since fair will be stale.

she will be alot easier to kill than you. nair kills early compared to other characters.

you want to pick some bigger stages because you can launch a lot farther than she can and you don't want to help her killing ability

TheMike

Smash Lord
you want to pick some bigger stages because you can launch a lot farther than she can and you don't want to help her killing ability
If we don't help her killing ability, we'll be harming our. So, i prefer the risk of getting a Rest and die earlier than having difficulties to kill.

Mag!c

Smash Apprentice
Our killers outspace Jigg's rest by a good mile (F-Smash, N-Air, U-Throw could kill in this matchup fairly well I think), don't you think? Just play a tight spacing game and don't underestimate Jigg's aerial mobility, and avoiding Rest is a matter of not getting outplayed.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Bair destroys Jiggz, with its lingering hitbox, high priority, K.Os her early, and outspaces her fair. Jiggz WILL ALWAYS abuse fair as an approach, its undeniable, Thankfully ROB has some good OoS options for that, some which are even K.O options. If she SH fairs and DIs away, laser and ftilt usually solve that (maybe even a fair), If she SH fairs but tries to go behind you, OoS Bair and Usmash helps loads more. Its Pound that gives me problems though, if Jiggz hits with pound at the last bit it combos right into an uair, fair, or nair. And since ROB is so floaty we can get hit by the Pound>uair>rest combo.

Top Bottom