• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road To Super Smash Bros. 4

Xuman

Smash Rookie
Hello!

My name is Xuman from the group Let's Forever on Youtube. Recently, we launched a series called Road To Super Smash Bros. 4 to express our ideas, as well as fans ideas for the new installment in the SSB franchise.

I am here because like the rest of you I want to discuss the many mysterious of what could happen in the new games with you all. If you all are interested, you can find it on Youtube simply by searching the title of this post, under the channel name LetsForeverTeam.

What we are doing first and foremost are character spotlight videos to show off existing, pre-existing, and future characters. Along with other things.

One thing that will be discussed, and something I've been thinking myself, is the possibility of the 2 versions of the game to have different characters in them. And by linking them together as stated that they will have some sort of connectivity with each other, it could bring all characters into one game.

Anyway, if you would like to see your ideas visualized feel free to check it out and comment.

EDIT: Didn't know I was allowed to put a link in the post since most forums flag it as spam ^_^ Video HERE

POST YOUR COMMENTS IN THE VIDEO COMMENT SECTION IF YOU WANT YOUR IDEAS TO BE SEEN.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
POST A LINK TO YOUR CHANNEL PLEASE

In case ya haven't discussed these in your vids yet (which I'm going to check out now)I'd really like Chibi-Robo to make an appearance in the next smash bros. The game was originally a project by Bandai but was Taken over by Nintendo and Shigeru Miyamoto himself after it was abandoned. Chibi Robo himself has a plethora of items suitable to a fighting game and 3 games released on nintendo consoles and a wii remake ( a wiimake? )

The majority of people here are against either smash bros having exclusive characters to a system, even if they are unlocked by connecting the two. Would be a **** move by nintendo but also the best way to sell a sh@# ton of 3DS I bet.

Other Popular characters on the boards are King K. Rool and Ridley, Takamaru (who's practically expected) and Little Mac. Recently lots of support for Dillon from rolling western.

Alot is expected from the online. Maybe there'll be a leaderboard? I just hope I can set up a 1 vs 1 match and maybe talk through the gamepad's built in mic.

With the creators of Tekken developing this next title maybe we'll see a content packed character customization mode. Yaknow to change color pallets or even costumes. (Dr. Mario + Funny hats :D)

Xuman

Smash Rookie
Right, For now it's just a preview so the whole thing isn't in full swing. HOWEVER! We needed to here from fans of smash bros themselves to find out what they want to see (Great Idea on the Chibi-Robo thing). Also, thanks for being so detailed! And your signature really tells alot XD.

Anyway, in the few weeks of us preparing videos we will definitely look into backgrounds of characters to make good quality videos. I can't promise miracles yet, but I can assure you that good things come to those who wait :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pac-man better be in this! Especially with Pac-man being in that new Mario Kart Arcade. His chances of appearing in Smash are at an all time high. But, in general, if your looking for cool character concept ideas and move-sets i suggest you look through the threads in the SSB4 Character Forum.

Xuman

Smash Rookie
Nice i'll check it out. Having people comment on the video is the easiest way for us to see what people want tho, so it would be better to post your ideas in the comments on that video :)

Ratchet99

Smash Rookie
Shadow,Gray Fox,Knuckles,Tails,Spiderman,Ryu,Chun-li,Zero,Megaman X,Mewtwo(back to the game) and Viewtiful Joe comes to the new SSB game.
All the character stays execpt: Jigglypuff,Gamewatch,Olimar and Ice Climber

Xuman

Smash Rookie
I also wonder what stages will be introduced. I remember reading an article on Nintendo Everything saying that the writer posted on Miiverse putting Nintendo Land as a stage in the next game, and It was flagged as spoiler. Coincidence? Or Truth?

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Shadow,Gray Fox,Knuckles,Tails,Spiderman,Ryu,Chun-li,Zero,Megaman X,Mewtwo(back to the game) and Viewtiful Joe comes to the new SSB game.
All the character stays execpt: Jigglypuff,Gamewatch,Olimar and Ice Climber
If you aren't trolling then please just lurk for the rest of your days.

Ridley, Dixie and Sukapon are who I would love to see most, with an epic return of Mewtwo of course.

As long as the characters are balanced with no matchup being any worse than 60/40 I will be good. Universal Advanced Techniques for all characters are cool, but I won't mind it if there are little to no universal traits and just character specific ones. Some of the ones in Brawl really made some characters better and unique like Bowser's Koopa Hop.

Heavies need to be a force of nature. Deeded and Wario shouldn't be the only viable options. Every attack Bowser throws should not result in a lag fest. Maybe a few high risk, high reward attacks but must he stumble and recover for darn near every move?!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wishlist:

No Cuts

Newcomers/Returnees:

Megaman
Pac-Man
Little Mac
Mewtwo
Roy
King K Rool
Ridley
Isaac
Dr. Mario
Skull Kid
Prince Fluff
Tails - one can dream

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
To be honest, as a Toon Link main, I'd much rather like Young Link over Toon Link.

Megaman would also be a ****ing cool character to add. I've never played a Megaman game before, but I can only think of the concept.

Top Bottom