• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Shine 2016: Smashboards Video

The Road to Shine, the online qualifier for Shine 2016's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U event, starts tomorrow. Featuring 923-and-counting players, the battle will soon begin for a full ride to the event.

For the next 4 days, players based in the United States and Canada will be trimmed down from the initial number, leading up to a top 48 showdown on August 12. Among the registered participants are EVO champion Elliot "Ally" Carroza-Oyarce, Tyler "E2C | Tyroy" Awdisho and a slew of other national-level threats.

To get you hyped for the event, Smashboards' Justin "Lee" Lee has prepared a promo video. Check it out here:

Don't forget about the main offline event too. Shine 2016 proper, which will be happening on August 26 - 28, is extending its registration deadline to end on August 16. All participants of Road to Shine will receive a $5 discount, regardless of placing.

Who do you think is going to win Road to Shine?

For more coverage on Shine 2016, stay tuned on Smashboards.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clips used in the video were from the channels of:

Last edited:

Comments

When I first saw that online tournament announcement I thought "wow, this is cool, a chance for a wifi warrior to get a free flight to a tournament they probably wouldn't get to go to normally, that is a really good idea."

But then I saw names like Ally and Tyroy. Oh. Well, this gives someone a chance to play some wifi matches against some good players I guess.

Top Bottom