• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Japan Tournament - Feat. Alvin, Gerson, Banze, DannySSB, Alpha, Nyx and More!!!!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord

New Reddit Post: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/33tx3a/road_to_japan_is_live_international_ssb_64melee/

Introduction

Santiago, April 25th will be the day and place of one of the most important SSB 64 and Melee tournaments ever made in Chile. And that's why we make a call for all the national and international players to take part of it.

With the confirmed assistance of players like Gerson, Alvin, Alpha, DannySSB, Banze, Aisengobay (#1 Melee Player from Brazil), Dark, this tournaments will finally gather the elite players from South America for the first time ever.

The Prize

The winner of the SSB 64 tournament will receive a round-trip ticket to Japan to participate in the Kanto 2015 tournament!!!

Aditional Info

SSB 64: Singles and Doubles Tournament
Melee: Singles and Doubles Tournament
Date: April 25th
Venue: Beauchef 850, Santiago, Chile.

There is going to be a stream at U-Smash channel, we will post links later on :)

www.twitch.tv/usmash

Last edited:

Bassic

Smash Apprentice
Where are the clips in that trailer from? Are there youtube videos online? Can anyone provide links.

banze

Smash Journeyman
Yes! Just a few days from now and I'm going to be playing against a brand new elite of world class players !! Cant wait!

Felipe, I should put the stream link on the first post as well.

It would make it easier to find.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yes! Just a few days from now and I'm going to be playing against a brand new elite of world class players !! Cant wait!

Felipe, I should put the stream link on the first post as well.

It would make it easier to find.
Totally forgot, added

Olikus

Smash Champion
great tourney. lots of good matches. Gerson looking like his older self finally. Best moment was alvins upb spam combos vs banze.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Too bad about all the frame drops during GFs. Otherwise those were some really great sets.

If this thing happens again next year I will make it my life's mission to play at a South American International 64 tournament.

O.o-RITH-o.O

Smash Journeyman
watched the whole thing... it was very good.. i so want to go to this tournament next time..

Gerson played perfect, smashing everyone out, alvin did fine against him but i was pretty sure gerson was gonna take at any moment.. i'm very excited to see you in japan!!!
Alvin had a lot of fun by the looks of it... going dk,mario,falcon,whatever... i was a little disappointed not seeing his amazing fox, i understand falcon is the god of sex in DL, but he could use fox to beat almost everyone there.. so...
Banze, doing so well... we trained a lot before this tournament, and you did not disappoint! we knew it was gonna be hard to beat alvin and gerson, but you did what we trained for vs the chilean players winning with authority.
Danny looked so smooth and amazing as mario, a little more mindgame and spacing training and he could evolve to be a top player i think... not a fan of your kirby tho..

Hope some of you come to Brazil for the TMSS!

See ya!

Last edited:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
watched the whole thing... it was very good.. i so want to go to this tournament next time..

Gerson played perfect, smashing everyone out, alvin did fine against him but i was pretty sure gerson was gonna take at any moment.. i'm very excited to see you in japan!!!
Alvin had a lot of fun by the looks of it... going dk,mario,falcon,whatever... i was a little disappointed not seeing his amazing fox, i understand falcon is the god of sex in DL, but he could use fox to beat almost everyone there.. so...
Banze, doing so well... we trained a lot before this tournament, and you did not disappoint! we knew it was gonna be hard to beat alvin and gerson, but you did what we trained for vs the chilean players winning with authority.
Danny looked so smooth and amazing as mario, a little more mindgame and spacing training and he could evolve to be a top player i think... not a fan of your kirby tho..

Hope some of you come to Brazil for the TMSS!

See ya!
My kirby sucks on Joystick hahahahaha Falcon vs Kirby matchup is impossible.

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
My favorite player used to be, Tavo with his amazing Falcon, then was Stradon's DK. Very fun to see. But now
my new favorite player is Alvin. What a player!!! he has style. Gerson is like ice man, a mercenary.
I think all the north americans and all the smash players should see this tournament because Perú has shown they have a great level. There is no more "Hyrule excuse", in fact i saw combo's and movements never seen before, by any smash player, even Isai or Boom or Jousuke.
And i congratule Chile's comunity because the tournament. It was very good, amazing job guys.

One of my favorite's matches was:
DannySSB vs Banze, i think it was the hypest match of the tournament.
Alvin vs Banze - Falcon's Alvin reached a superlative level, that combos were superb.
Gerson vs Alvin WF/GF - nothing to say, Peruvian players. That Falcon's punch combo paid the whole tournament!!!

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Nothing the Peruvians (or any of the players in that tournament) did in DL was anything amazing. yawn

HEROEdelREVES

Smash Cadet
Nothing the Peruvians (or any of the players in that tournament) did in DL was anything amazing. yawn
Did you see the whole tournament? watch, at least, Alvin's matches. There're some combos never seen in others players, otherwise i'd like to see a video rubutting that.
Now i only remember the one against Banze, watch 5:29:00 i think the match beggins. http://www.twitch.tv/usmash/b/653356318.
And i remember the Falcon punch combo against Gerson but i can't remember if it was in WF or GF.
You can see the match in this video http://www.twitch.tv/usmash/b/653472927, the matches start at 01:49:00

Top Bottom