• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT UU VoltTurn

IceArrow

Smash Lord
This team is solid. It pretty much wins every game unless I get critical hitted to death or if my opponent reads me too much. All pokemon have either Volt Switch or U-Turn and are very fast so I can predict what my opponents can do and then decide what Pokemon to switch to.

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Naive / Illusion
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn
-Sucker Punch

This guy with Xatu works incredibly well. I will switch between Zoroark and Xatu depending on what lead they have. This guy also has great type coverage with Xatu. Zoroark also has an incredible Base 120 SpA and 105 Spe. Whenever this guy might get hit I U-Turn to Cobalion usually.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Overheat
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-Trick

This guy does everything. He ruins walls with Trick, he OHKOs everything else with Overheat, and he also has Volt Switch to continue momentum. Rotom-H is just like Rotom-W in OU except Rotom-H has Overheat over Hydro Pump and Fire over Water. Rotom-H always gets a revenge kill and continues my teams momentum. Rotom-H's ability prevents every ground attack from hitting him and it would have been his greatest weakness.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Naive / Justified
252 Spe / 200 SpA / 56 Atk
-Close Combat
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Volt Switch
-Substitute

Cobalion is a great member of this team. It covers a lot of the types that this team is weak against. It is also immune to Toxic and has great physical bulk. When Cobalion gets a Substitute up it is really hard to take him down and can easily set up since this is a VoltTurn team. Close Combat is needed for Snorlax and for other Special walls. Cobalion's type coverage is great with a weaker BoltBeam and Close Combat.

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Jolly / Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Fake Out
Return
Pursuit
U-Turn

Ambipom 's Fake Out is ridiculous. If they don't have a Steel or Rock type this pokemon can sweep. If they do have those Pokemon Ambipom can U-Turn because Rock and Steel types are always slow. Ambipom usually takes out the last few pokemon because I use Ambipom late game when the Steel/Rock Types are gone.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant / Levitate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch

Standard Choice Scarf Flygon. Flygon comes in on Electric attacks and then hits opponents.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Careful / Magic Bounce
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Psychic
-U-Turn

Whenever my opponent decides not to attack and try something else they won't be able to. Xatu comes in and reflects all attacks that would target a different Pokemon I have. Since all my Pokemon are extremely fast I will always be able to predict what move they do. This guy works very great with Zoroark because of Illusion and Magic Bounce.

This team doesn't really have a weakness because of the purpose of this team. I am thinking of switching Flygon for Gligar but my team has been winning a lot so I have not tried that yet.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't think anyone here is at all familiar with gen V UU. Even so, there's not much to say about a team with a gimmick like this since the gimmick is obviously why the whole team is structured to play the way it does.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
LO on Zoroark means you can only use the gimmick once. What if you run something else on it?

IceArrow said:
When Cobalion gets a Substitute up it is really hard to take him down and can easily set up since this is a VoltTurn team
His moveset is 3 attacks and Substitute. He won't be setting up anything.

I mean, personally, I'd have something that could clear hazards since one mistake means you either lose your Xatu or you have rocks killing your team every time you switch. Or perhaps have like something that can set up. I'm sure you can Dragon Dance with something nice on a bad matchup for them. Darmanitan is a hard hitter with Flare Blitz and U-turn if you haven't thought of him. Assuming you're doing Wifi UU on Pokemon Online. There's also boss-sauce Kojondo/Mienshao with U-turn and Regeneration and Fake Out and speed. He also has SD, so you could try not running U-turn or Fake Out and when they expect you to do either, you just get to +2 attack and wreck whatever.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
A substitute is considered a setup. Once the opponent notices the 1st attack it is clear that it is Zoroark. It doesn't need a different item in my opinion. I tried Darmanitan and Zapdos and I noticed Rotom does the same thing as both of those Pokemon. I also tried Mienshao but he is too frail and just like Ambipom.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
mienshao gets regenerator and stab Close Combat, along with a very good special attack stat (coverage move?)

way better than ambipom

mood4food77

Smash Hero
in this case it would be fine as cobalion's steel type gives it different weaknesses and resistances than mienshao would have

but u-turn regenerator is still really fun to abuse

unknown522

Some guy
No mienshao?

I disapprove

Edit: after reading all this, it makes sense as to why. For this team specifically, cobalion and ambipom are better choices for most situations

:phone:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I wound up making myself a quick expert on UU right now (laddered to #36 on Showdown), so I'll try rating this since i know a bit of the metagame.

Zoroark @ Life Orb Focus Sash
Naive / Illusion
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-U-Turn/HP Grass
-Sucker Punch

Zoroark is solid with Xatu, problem is that loses a few lead matchups when it doesn't have a Focus Sash (gets easily ko'ed by rhyperior, has a chance at being 1hko'ed by Crobat's Brave Bird and scarf flygon's outrage and is easily ko'ed if it has a boosting item, gets forced out by victini and darmanitan's u-turn, etc.). Up to you even though with LO it can get the 2hko on a lot of bulkier leads. I'd also consider HP Grass over U-turn because it can get you a quick 1hko on Rhyperior and Swampert with LO, and is necessary for the 2hko if you choose to run Focus Sash instead.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Levitate
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpDef
-Overheat
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power [Grass]
-TrickThunderbolt

Solid, but I'd question how much you need Trick. I haven't seen very many full stall teams on UU, and most pokemon you'd hit with Trick can take good advantage of it. My preference. Other EVs so pory2 doesn't get a download boost.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Naive / Justified
252 Spe / 200 SpA / 56 Atk
-Close Combat
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-Volt Switch
-SubstituteThunder Wave/Stealth Rock

192 Spe/252 SpAtk/64 Atk Naive is better to beef up your weak special coverage moves while still outspeeding the 100s. I also think that Substitute doesn't have a purpose on this set because Cobalion is not strong enough without setup to truly threaten things behind the Sub without running a setup move. Even though you can set up Subs on Sleep Powder/Thunder Wave from things like Registeel/Roserade, Cobalion will still not beat Roserade with Hidden Power any time soon and you can 2hko Registeel on the switch with Close Combat anyway. Stealth Rock is a good move to have even though you have Xatu, and Thunder Wave is a fun move you can use to hit switches and Volt Switch out of troublesome threats.

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Jolly / Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Fake Out
Return
Pursuit
U-Turn

I'm not sure whether you need Pursuit or not considering the nature of this team. Even with Cobalion and Flygon, having a semi-support move like Low Sweep or a stronger move such as Payback will help this team out immensely. I personally feel like Technitop is a better fit for this team, but you would probably prefer to have Ambipom because of its higher speed and ability to reliably eliminate mismagius.

technitop i suggest is:

152 hp/252 atk/104 spe
adamant / technician / life orb

close combat
fake out
mach punch
pursuit/sucker punch

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Jolly / Levitate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Fire Punch

I always suggest jolly cuz losing a speed tie is the worst thing in the world and he still has the power to clean up threats like offensive Roserade and Heracross.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Careful Bold/ Magic Bounce
252 HP / 252 SpD Def/ 4 Spe
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Psychic
-U-Turn

I dunno about special defense, i think a physical spread is better just because he will still lose to special attackers but at least has a good chance of Roost stalling physical attackers.
rates in blue

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Running Jolly Scarf Flygon isn't about winning speed ties, it's about not always losing to Jolly 100s. Base 100 speed is common enough that you'll be speed tying regardless.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Running Jolly Scarf Flygon isn't about winning speed ties, it's about not always losing to Jolly 100s. Base 100 speed is common enough that you'll be speed tying regardless.
I guess that's true, but I either must be mad lucky or everybody else is mad stupid, since I've never lost a speed tie with my flygon which leads me to believe everybody either runs Adamant scarf or the incredibly ****ty choice band flygon

in UU base 100 is honestly pretty fast (there are only about 10 things faster than that) so it's really important to get the jump on dumb stuff like sharpedo as well as opposing scarfed flygon

Top Bottom