• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[RMT] Newcomer Team

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I have always played Pokemon as a little kid, I mean come on, who hasn't? However, Ive never played competitively, but I am slowly making that transition. Some key notes is that Blaziken is the sweeper on my team an all my Pokemon have/had Pokerus inflicted upon them. Another thing I'd to add is that while some Pokemon are old to my team (Blaziken) others are extremely new (Rotom) rendering my team to be extremely spread out level wise.

Dragonite @ Kings Rock
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 228 Atk/ 168 Sp. Def
Nature: Bashful

Outrage
Fly
Roost
Dragon Dance

The massive dragon on my team. It has proven to be very weak in Defense (I heard you can EV train to help it, so I am learning that at the moment) Dragon Dance accompanies Dragon rush.

Rotom (Oven) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 97 Def/ 96 Sp. Def
Nature: Careful

Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Overheat
Substitute

The newest member doesn't truly have a role yet since I caught it 2 hours ago. I have some ideas but not a solid grasp.

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 173 Spd/ 177 Sp. Atk.
Nature: Naive

Hypnosis
Poison Jab
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

The final Pokemon in each battle. Can take out a lot of pokemon with its' mega evolution and its Naive Nature and massive Sp. Atk/Spd.

Greninja@ None (Haven't decided yet)
Trait: Protean
Nature: Timid
EVs: 236 Spd./ 198 Sp. Atk.

Spikes
Grass Knot
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam

The Main sweeper on my team with 4 perfect IVs. Pretty lucky considering this was traded by somebody.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarnite
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature Adamant
EVs: Atk. 183/ Def. 141

Crunch
Fire Fang
Earthquake
Stone Edge

New pokemon added as of today. Glaceon did not receive the final cut so Tyranitar may become a wall. Has 4 perfect IVs.

Metagross @ None
Trait: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Atk. 276/ Def. 216

Earthquake
Hyper Beam (will be replaced; unsure of what to replace it with)
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch

The third team member to have 4 perfect IVs. It is pretty speedy for its' low Speed EV.

Now the main problem with my team is that two of my pokemon have Earthquake as their move. Which moves can I replace Earthquake with on my Tyranitar? Thanks for viewing.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
blaziken's moveset should be:

HJK
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Protect

flare blitz hits almost everything for SE damage that brave bird except for fighting and a regular HJK hits about as hard as a SE Brave Bird

don't use two megalutions on the same team, it's just about worthless
dragonite is way better with weakness policy, try it out, it does work
rotom-w > rotom-c
bite is a terrible move and the blastoise set you have does not utilize his megalution at all (you'll probably need to do some breeding)
hypnosis dream eater is way too gimmicky to rely on it, try substitute and either disable or pain split, shadow ball and dark pulse are also entirely redudant moves to have, keep shadow ball and either go focus blast or dazzling gleam over dark pulse
fly is not a competitive move, and dragon rush has poor accuracy, outrage and earthquake work much better over those two moves, thunderwave is also not needed on a dragon dance set, so you can give it fire punch if you want, also using dragonite without multiscale is a sin, better off using salamence in that spot if you can't get multiscale dragonite

you are also not fully EV'd and have poor natures

hope i helped

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Funny since I actually got Outrage. Thanks though for the advice.

Also one question, how does natures help in competitive play?

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
I have always played Pokemon as a little kid, I mean come on, who hasn't? However, Ive never played competitively, but I am slowly making that transition. Some key notes is that Blaziken is the sweeper on my team an all my Pokemon have/had Pokerus inflicted upon them. Another thing I'd to add is that while some Pokemon are old to my team (Blaziken) others are extremely new (Rotom) rendering my team to be extremely spread out level wise.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 267 Spd / 239 Atk

Sky Uppercut
Swords Dance
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz

The main sweeper on my team. It uses its overpowered speed boost, Swords dance, and Mega evolution to wipe out teams single handily.

Suggested Nature: Adamant/Jolly

(Bashful is a neutral nature that does not alter any stats. It won't make your Blaziken any worse, but you'd benifit a lot more from an Adamant or Jolly Nature, since it lowers a stat you don't need (Sp.A) while raising one that you do (Att or Speed).

Moves:

Well... To be completely honest here... Your EV's come as a bit of a shock. Aparently the max cap was raised Gen VI from 255, so I can't really comment much here.

Basically like mood suggested, High Jump Kick over Sky Uppercut. The rest is fine as is.

Dragonite @ Kings Rock
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 228 Atk/ 168 Sp. Def

Dragon Rush
Fly
Thunder Wave ( May be changed)
Dragon Dance

The massive dragon on my team. It has proven to be very weak in Defense (I heard you can EV train to help it, so I am learning that at the moment) Dragon Dance accompanies Dragon rush.

Suggested Nature (Ofensive Dnite): Adamant/Jolly
(See Blaziken Section for comments)

Suggested Nature (Supportive Dnite): Careful/Impish(?)
(Lowers your Sp.A which Dnite won't be using on this set, while giving you extra bulk in whichever defensive stat you like)

You don't really need Thunder Wave and Dragon Dance. One boosts speed, the other cuts down your Opponent's speed. Pick whichever depending on what you want Dragonite to do.

If you want a more bulky Dragonite, you can try running moves like Dragon Tail and Roost, since it'll let you shuffle teams and spread para around (not sure how viable this will be Gen VI).

Otherwise, stick with Dragon Dance and Run Either Earthquake or Fire Punch over Twave.

Iron Head over Fly will let you smash those pesky faries into dust.
(It's a Gen V tutor move though)

Rotom (Mower) @ Lucky Egg (Will change to Choice Scarf)
EVs: 97 Def/ 96 Sp. Def

Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Leaf Storm
Substitute

The newest member doesn't truly have a role yet since I caught it 2 hours ago. I have some ideas but not a solid grasp.

Suggested Nature: Timid/Modest/Calm
(Your current nature actually does hurt you here. You're lowering your Sp.A and raising your Sp.D. Rotom (Mow) benefits from both stats, but lowering your Sp.A will greatly reduce the amount of damage you can do. If you want the Specially Defensive boost, try a to get one with a Calm nature instead.)

**Note Rotom can breed with Ditto**

Moves:

Awesome set is awesome. Can't really think of anything wrong here

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 173 Spd/ 177 Sp. Atk.
Nature: Naive

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

Gengar is also another sweeper to a lesser degree. He has proven that he can wipe out 4 Pokemon of a persons team with simply Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Moves like Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse add onto to Gengars moveset and to Pokemon who are weak to ghost/dark moves.

Suggested Nature: Timid/Modest

(Naive isn't a bad Nature on Gengar, It raises Speed, which Gengar loves, but it also lowers your Sp.D, making you even more squishy than you already are. Timid nature gives you the same benifits as Naive with none of the drawbacks. You can also take Modest Nature over Timid for more power)

**Also just to clarify Timid Nature is ( -Attack, +Speed )

**and Modest is (-Attack, +Sp.A )**

Moves:

Normally I'd say "lol Dream Eater" but if you're going to be using Mega Gengar with Shadow Tag, then this set just might work. Hypnosis has a sadface miss rate though, and Gengar can't really afford to take a hit if it does, since he's pretty squishy.

I reccomend Sludge Bomb over Dark Pulse for better coverage, STAB, and the ability to SMACK THOSE INSIGNIFICANT FARIES IN THE FACE.

By the way, Gengar is more of an "Attacker" than a "Sweeper"
You usually wont steamroll entire teams outright with him~ :p

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite (Pending to be changed)
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 196 Sp.Def./172 Def.

Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Bite (May change)

Blastoise has a defensive role as well as having moves to easily deal with Pokemon like fire types. Rain dance helps with surf as well as the replacement of surf.

Suggested Nature: Bold/Calm

(Pretty much similar reasons to why Careful is bad on Rotom (Mow), it raises your Sp.D, which Blastoise really likes, but you also lower your main attacking stat. Better to run Calm, which lowers a stat you don't even use, or Bold if you want more Defense over Sp.D)

Moves:

Scald is usually better than surf on bulky Waters because of the 30% burn rate, which can potentially cripple an opposing sweeper. It's 15 BP weaker, but just the treat up possibly getting burned makes your opponent scared to switch any physical attacker into you. (unless they've got Guts, Hydration, Quick Feet, ect.)

Rain Dance doesn't really benefit your team at all. And it actually hurts Blaziken. I don't know which new moves are avaliable to blastoise in Gen VI, but try Rapid Spin (useless in game, dont' get unless you're going to play online competetive or something), Toxic, Roar, Dragon Tail, and... even Foresight. It'll prevent ghosts from Spin Blocking you.

Suggested Nature for Offensive Blastoise: Modest

Mega Blastoise with his boost to Pulse Type moves might be a viable Special Attacker this Gen.

Modest to boost up your Special Attack, and any combination of the moves Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse(?), Ice Beam, Hidden Power, ect. will let you put dents in things.

...I'd suggest Water Pulse too, but unless Blastoise's ability gives it at least a 1.5x boost in power, there's really no reason to use it.

If it does, though, then GO NUTS~
90 BP and the possibility to confuse your Foe is nothing to scough at.

Malamar @ Amulet Coin (This'll change too)
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 157 Atk./ 154 Def.
Nature: Sassy

Hypnosis
Superpower
Psycho Cut
Thunderbolt (This'll most likely change with the inclusion of Rotom added to the team)

Malamars role in the team is to be a Tank. Using the move Superpower rises my Atk as well as Defense. Hypnosis comes along to support Superpower to continually raise my stats.

Lol, who is this pokemon?

This is... I can't... waht is this black magic?

I don't recognize any of these poke--

hey Blaziken~

:006:

In all seriousness, I probably won't be much help, since I only know about the pokemon meta up to Gen V (haven't even checked out the new Gen VI poke's yet), but I'll try to give the best advice I can.

Pleast don't take the moveset suggestions too seriously. Most of what I reccomend works pretty well in Gen V, but I'm not sure which changes would be optimal for Gen VI. I also won't reccomend any Gen VI moves (The only Gen VI move I know about is Fairy Wind... haha)

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Thanks Xiroey for a very detailed explanation of what I can do :D

btw this is Malamar

image.jpg

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
the max is still 252 so blaziken can't have higher evs in its speed stat. and yeah you're going to want to have protect on blaziken. depending on what format you're using it may save it from imo its hardest counter talonflame if you can have someone else knock it out before the next turn. for rotom and malamar, give rotom either the magnet expert belt, or miracle seed/grass plate if your going to keep it as mower form and malamar can have either an expert belt or a life orb. for blastoise you could teach it dark pulse, aura sphere, dragon pulse and water pulse if you want its mega form. 2 of the moves are obtained by breeding though

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
FYI:

This team needs to be updated. I rid my Blaziken (for Chandelure), Blastoise (for Scizor) and changed Rotoms Mower form to Washing Machine form. It'll be updated tonight.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
-BUMP-

Extremely sorry for double posting, however I made major changes to my team and it appears nobody looks on this thread anymore.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
What your team should look like.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Outrage
Iron Head (Fly is a terrible move competitively)
Roost
Dragon Dance

Rotom-W (10x better than oven) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Will-O-Wisp
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
Pain Split

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd/ 252 Sp. Atk. / 4 Def
Nature: Timid
Hypnosis
Sludge Wave
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

BANNED, also you can't use two Megas lol.

Greninja @ Life Orb, Don't use two darks though. I would replace this with a Fighting type, Conkeldurr probably

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarnite
Trait: Sand Stream
Nature Adamant
EVs: Atk. 252/ HP 252 / 4 Spe
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Stone Edge

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: Atk. 252/ HP 252 / 4 Def
Earthquake
Pursuit
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch

Now the main problem with my team is that two of my pokemon have Earthquake as their move. Which moves can I replace Earthquake with on my Tyranitar? Thanks for viewing.

Having 2 Earthquakes is not a problem at all. It is certainly not the main problem, the main problem is the EVs and Items.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I did get rid of the Gengarite and forgot to update. However, since Greninja has Protean doesn't she automatically rid of its Dark typing?

Thanks for helping out though. :)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, you can pretty much ignore greninja's defensive typing all together, it's way too frail to take any hit and it's constantly changing it's type, it's also really hard to switch in on anything that isn't a psychic attack

Top Bottom