• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT Gen IV/V: Aggressively Meta

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So I needed another gen 4 team mostly since i started uploading Showdown vids for my subscribers so I've been testing this new one. It's been working pretty well for me once I remembered to put more moves onto Dragonite lol

Metagross@Lum Berry
Adamant/Clear Body
252HP/252 Atk/4 SpDef
-Meteor Mash
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-Explosion

Hey look, it's lead gross, who would ever think this would be on my team? Now that Genesect is banned I'm a little more confident in going back to the old Lum Gross standard but honestly there are a lot of times when i really wish i still had OccaBerry. Also explosion. It's still an amazing move. Idk why people keep telling me to get rid of it. I OHKO'd Rotom-W the other day with it, felt ****ing great.

Gyarados@Life Orb
Adamant/Intimidate
252 Atk/252 Spe/4HP
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Taunt

DDGyara, 2 attacks. Waterfall+Bounce has good enough coverage that I dont really feel the need for a third attack as long as SR is up. Taunt is too good. Shuts down bulky pokemon that i can set up on like Skarm and Ferrothorn. Bounce requires me to be at like, +3 to OHKO ferrothorn though. Still, the ****er can barely do anything to me, especially if he's at -1

Tyranitar@Lum Berry
Jolly/Sand Stream
252 Atk/252 Spe/4HP
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch

Good ol' DDTar. Been up in the air on the item for a bit now, I've tested a few things, Muscle Band, Expert Belt and Lum Berry. The extra power on Band/Belt was pretty nice but the ability to set up a DD on things like Nintetales and Ferrothorn without fear of burn/paralysis is just too good. Max speed to outspeed Gengar/Starmie while still being super sad that i cant outspeed Alakazam.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant/Inner Focus
244HP/44 Atk/220 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Roost

Bulky DDNite. I wanted something that could put some dents in early game so that all my other pokemon instantly become threats with a DD and this guy has the right combination of bulk and power for it. EVs are to outspeed all pokemon base up to base 121 after a Dragon Dance. Now you may be asking yourself, why no marvel scale on bulky DNite? Because **** Gen V thats why.

Salamence@Dragon Dance

It's DDMence

Garchomp@Choice Scarf
Adamant/Rough Skin
252 Atk/252 Spe/4HP
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

The only Chomp set that matters. I got legitimately upset when i found out i was forced to use Rough Skin. Evasion clause covers abilities now? The **** is that bull****? Anyways, this should seem obvious enough, it's a garchomp and it has a choice scarf. Didnt bother with jolly as the extra power is really useful though i might change it so i can outspeed Scarf Landorus/Thundorus-T.

So are you seeing a pattern? Yeah, it's DD everything with the best lead in the game and the best cleaner in the game. Meta as ****. Literally everything on my team can explode and sweep at any given moment if given a free turn. The biggest problem with this team is getting revenged by Scarfers with more than base 100 Speed but then any given choice pokemon is just another free turn for one of my other pokemon so it's whatever lol. Dragon Dance is the best move in the game.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No multiscale on DNite

man PR you must love losing

your reason is as childish is the people who ***** at the fact Pokemon didn't die after Gen I because they don't give a **** about any other mons

Also I can imagine how Gene being banned was extremely beneficial to this team.

Starmie in Rain or Victreebel in sun seems to **** your **** though

Gates

Banned via Warnings
PR, just pick a gen and stick with it. We're all getting really sick of your constant *****ing about how much better Gen IV was than Gen V. It's been two years, get over it.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
don't like the metagame, like the pokemon

there's a way to reconcile using your favorite 4th gen things with the bad 5th gen metagame. for me it's playing gen V uu and below and not taking OU seriously, since those metagames are more versatile and aren't just predictive weather wars.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I dunno about you guys, but I think the idea of making one single team that can be good in both IV and V is pretty interesting.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Only having 4 Pokemon on your Gen IV team could be a hassle though.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I want sand veil chomp back :(

I was actually considering swapping Chomp out for Breloom. Cus like....spore.

Also is Victrebel an actual thing? Every sun team i've come up against uses Venusaur as their sole Chlorophyll sweeper. Havent seen hide nor hair of other grass types.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Magnezone is an automatic need since your running 3 dragons. Also use Ice Beam over Fire Blast for Dragons and also because if you use Magnezone you don't need another ferrothorn counter.

:phone:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Also is Victrebel an actual thing? Every sun team i've come up against uses Venusaur as their sole Chlorophyll sweeper. Havent seen hide nor hair of other grass types.

It's not very much of a thing but it's strictly better than Venusaur

So basically only good people use it since everyone else are mindless drones that don't know how to not copypasta OU analyses

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
venusaur isn't walled by heatran and has better bulk

victreebel is but has stronger coverage moves and better offensive stats

they're quite different

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Getting walled by Heatran vs losing to random Dragons or Random Steels

Regardless Victreebel is still the overall better contender since carrying Duggy can shallow Heatran as a threat entirely

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
it's just my preference, but if i were running a sun team, i'd much rather use venusaur if for no other reason than because i don't like being cut short by the few pokemon who can 1hko or do heavy damage with their priority (CB Scizor, CBNite, weavile/mamo, etc.)

Venusaur's ability to go mixed to hit steel-types with Earthquake or stay special with HP Ice/Fire means it's more surely counterable depending on what last move you choose, but it's better suited to coming in and luring/beating a counter for a more obvious sun sweeper.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
****ies, use Venusaur, Victreebel, and Shiftry, win every game

Top Bottom